- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Violinist Marilyn earned her Bachelor of Music degree from the Eastman School of Music in 2012, and her Master of Music degree at the Cleveland Institute of Music in 2014, where she served as concertmaster of the CIM orchestra.
Marilyn has taught at St. Ignatius High School and at Birchwood School, in addition to performing with the Akron, Firelands, and Cleveland Pops Orchestras, and managing her private studio. She is trained and registered with the Suzuki Association of the Americas to teach through Unit 4 of the Suzuki Violin literature. Marilyn currently resides in Cleveland Heights, Ohio with her husband, violinist Julian.
Section Violin player in the Akron Symphony Orchestra
Designing and evaluating program to fit campers’ needs; writing grants; implementing marketing plans to recruit students; implementing practices for communication with students and parents before, during, and after the application process; overseeing daily operation of the camp.
Substitute violin in the Cleveland Pops Orchestra.
Section Violin player in the Firelands Symphony Orchestra.
Teaching group violin/viola classes at the beginner and intermediate level; teaching ensemble; teaching private violin and viola lessons
Teaching high school students how to play chamber music, proper instrument techniques, and theory; teaching private lessons
Marilyn has been trained and is certified through Suzuki Violin units 1-4.
The Suzuki Association of the Americas, Inc. is the not-for-profit organization officially licensed to support, guide, and promote Suzuki education in North, Central, and South America. The SAA was founded in 1972 and currently has about 8,000 members.
· Violin · In studio Marilyn is AWESOME! She's energetic and so enthusiastic with her teaching. She clearly expresses her joy in music, and in teaching others. Because of her lessons with Marilyn, my daughter loves playing violin and she always looks forward to her next lesson. I highly recommend Marilyn!
· Violin · In home Our 8 year old son, Ben, takes violin with Mrs. Taylor once a week. He loves the time with her & she is wonderful with him. Disciplined, but fun and always encouraging. She is so talented, which is inspiring for Ben. She is also very accommodating when our schedule gets hectic, which happens from time to time with two busy kids!
· Violin · In home awesome teacher and super nice :)
· Violin · In studio We had a great first lesson and we are looking forward to next week. Marilyn was great with Mason and made it a lot of fun!
· Violin · In studio Very Good and fun
· Violin · In studio Our 7 year old daughter asked to take Violin lessons for a year before we were convinced that she was really interested. Searching for a teacher started. Our daughter needed a female teacher who has smile on their face, enthusiasm, talent, knowledge, and exhibits true joy in playing and teaching. We found her in Marilyn. She has been able to relate to our daughters energy and her excitement to play. We are very happy to continue lesson with Marilyn for years to come.
· Violin · In studio My son has been taking lessons from Marilyn for the last 3 years, and has grown so much in his skill and confidence! He really enjoys his lessons, and they have a great working relationship!