- Teaches students:
- Females 3+, males 3 to 17 and special needs
- Teaching since:
Learn from a Juilliard violinist and experienced teacher!
I'm a soloist and chamber musician who trained at The Juilliard School (BM) and New England Conservatory (GD) and performed in 22 major cities in Europe, North America and Asia, appearing at world's most celebrated concert halls and festivals.
Teaching violin is my passion. Violin didn't come easy to me in my early years, so I have sought numerous pedagogues around the world for training and advice. Through my struggles and series of breakthroughs I learned to discipline my own brain, ears and body to work together to produce music. My goal is to help my students get to where I am, and hopefully way beyond, much faster.
Since 2003, I taught 100+ students who were children, as young as 3 years old, to adults, from beginners to young professionals in NYC and Boston prior to relocating to the Bay Area.
Since her U.S. debut as a teenage soloist, performing Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto with the Durham Symphony Orchestra, Marie has has toured as a soloist, recitalist, and chamber musician in 20+ cities throughout North America, Europe, and East Asia. She performed at renowned concert halls, including New York's Lincoln Center, Leipzig's Gewandhaus, Salzburg’s Wiener Saal, Baden-Baden's Kurhaus, Rome’s Teatro di Marcello, Aspen's Harris Concert Hall, Québec’s Orford Arts Centre, and Seoul’s Kumho Art Hall. Her last three seasons included Bach Concerto for Two Violins with the Muenster Hochschule Orchestra in Perugia, Italy, and solo recitals in Rome, Italy, and Banff, Canada. Her performances and interviews have been aired on TV and radio, such as NPR, among others.
She received a Bachelor of Music degree in Violin Performance on full scholarship with Hyo Kang at The Juilliard School, where she was also selected to teach as a Juilliard Instrumental Music Fellow and hold a Teaching Assistant position for a graduate-level course. Upon graduating, she completed a Graduate Diploma in Violin Performance at the New England Conservatory of Music under the tutelage of James Buswell. Ms. No received awards and grants from the National Foundation for the Advancement of the Arts, Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst (DAAD), Korean Cultural Services in New York, and the Starling Foundation.
As a pedagogue, Marie maintained a private studio in New York City and Boston before relocating to the Bay Area, and taught 100+ students, ranging from 3-year-olds to adults, beginners to young professionals. She taught students from the Juilliard Pre-College Program and the New England Conservatory Preparatory School, and successfully prepared her students for various auditions.
Marie plays on one of the finest models of Julius Ceasar Gigli violin made in 1791, beautifully restored by J & A Beare in London.
- Successfully prepared students for auditions for the Boston Youth Symphony and New England Conservatory Preparatory School
- Taught students in all walks of life, from children as young as 3 years old to adults, from beginners to budding young professionals at Juilliard Pre-College and New England Conservatory Preparatory School
- Founded the institute, a week-long intensive summer program for musically-gifted children, with a handful of fellow Juilliard musicians
- Designed music curricula as hands-on, experience-based activities, using elements from theater and visual arts
- Taught theory, history, ear training, private lessons and chamber music as well as produced recordings concerto competition and concerts
- Taught three twice-weekly group violin and music theory classes as part of Academy Strings Program
- Produced teaching materials with a group of instructors
- Co-directed a city-wide honors orchestra program, composed of students selected from six Boston area schools
(Previously known as Juilliard Instrumental Music Fellow)
- Selected as one of the two violin instructors
- Taught two weekly group violin classes for children and prepared them for semi-annual student concerts
I have known Marie for 5 years, and we have performed in concert together. She is a truly outstanding musician, and a wonderful colleague with a warm and engaging personality. With her knowledge, experience, love for children and passion for teaching, she is the ideal instructor to motivate, guide and inspire students of all ages. Top recommendation! Dont delay, she will be in great demand as she builds her studio!+ Read More