- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I offer piano lessons to the students at all ages and levels as well as ear training, music theory and music history for those who are interested.
My teaching philosophy is to help my students to discover and appreciate various kinds of music, learn and master the piano and keyboard instruments, enjoy making and sharing music with others. I apply an individual approach to each student according to his/her level, skills and goals.
My teaching experience includes seventeen years of leading a private studio and teaching at the music institutions in Russia and the USA.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
The College Music Society promotes music teaching and learning, musical creativity and expression, research and dialogue, and diversity and interdisciplinary interaction. A consortium of college, conservatory, university, and independent musicians and scholars interested in all disciplines of music, the Society provides leadership and serves as an agent of change by addressing concerns facing music in higher education.
· Piano · In studio Maria is a personable, dedicated professional who has a clear drive to not only teach but to inspire her students. I found her teaching style to have a pleasant flow, and it inspired me to keep with my lessons with her. I would recommend her as a teacher to anyone looking to enrich their lives with beautiful music.
· Piano · In studio Ms. Maria Lyapkova is not only an incredibly gifted pianist, but she is also a brilliant and inspiring instructor, proficient in teaching solo, chamber, and ensemble literature (for piano). Over the course of my two years in her piano ensemble class at the University of South Florida, I learned and progressed so much in terms of technique, musical sense and sensitivity, interpretation, practicing efficiently, and the art of performing, to name only a few.
During lessons and ensemble coaching sessions, Ms. Maria is extremely patient, kind, understanding. She is highly committed to teaching, able to work with students of any proficiency level, and always earnestly encouraging students to improve to the best they can. I will always remember the amazing lessons I had learning Arensky’s Suite No. 2, Op. 23 (“Silhouettes”) under her instruction!