My name is Miri. I'm originally from Tel Aviv Israel, but moved to the US as a child. I'm very friendly, very organized and very serious. I am great at doing a full hour of teaching that is also interesting and fun. I have taught English as a second language, tutored Hebrew & prepared kids for their bar-mitzvah for over a decade. I have also worked with kids, youth and adults all over Israel teaching Hebrew,mathematics & English at Palestinian schools and immigrants community centers.
I strongly believe in learning while using materials and subjects that are related to the students, which is why I prepare different classes and different reading material for each of my students. I always have a first meeting or talk with my students, understanding where he or she stands, what is their level, why do they need Hebrew or English (for research? for family occasion? religious reasons?) and I structure my classes based on the needs and the objective of the students.
I am an experienced Hebrew tutor, originally from Israel. I have over a decade of Hebrew teaching experience, and I have been working teaching Hebrew and Judaic studies at major synagogues in the Metropolitan Seattle area before moving to Chicago this past year.
-Conducted Quality Control focusing on the operations management, utilizing ERM Risk Assessment.
- Analyzed organizational data and complex problems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action and
implement intervention strategies to attain performance targets.
-Wrote reports by synthesizing data and provided actionable recommendations.
Generated creative, action-oriented insights into key business drivers and understand current market, industry and member trends.
Assisted in the development of an investment strategy; researched and planned new business pitches; conducted quantities and qualitative analysis; built business development client list; assisted in product development.
Obtain two certification profiles:
- Base: Computer Essentials, Online Essentials, Word Processing and Spreadsheets
- Standard: Presentation, Using Databases, IT Security, Online Collaboration, Image Editing, Web Editing, Project Planning, 2D Computer Aided Design and Health Information Systems Usage
· Hebrew · Online This is now my 6th session with Miri and I just bought 12 more. She is so patient and flexible to my work schedule. I have learned so much in the short amount of time. I am confident she can make me fluent. I am already using the basics in everyday conversations. Miri Rocks!
· Hebrew · Online Miri is very informative and great at establishing the best pace to go at! She works with you on pronounation and definition which is perfect. She really understands the language!