- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I've been playing music since I was 14 years old. I studied classical guitar at State University in Buffalo, NY. and also studied guitar at the Berklee College of Music in Boston. I love just about every style of music. I mostly play Celtic, Bluegrass, American traditional, jazz, and classical. I also love to improvise.
My goal is to get my students results so they feel that they are really making progress. I do this by incorporating practice exercises, ear training and some music theory.
Music theory and reading music can be intimidating for beginning students. So I like to get you playing first and add theory a little at a time so you can better understand it through experience and it makes learning more fun.
*** Studio Equipment ***
The studio has a piano, acoustic guitars,mandolins and other instruments.Students receive sheet music and written materials.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Sheet music and other written materials.
*** Specialties ***
I play a lot of Irish fiddle tunes and also know a lot of American Folk styles,popular music and some jazz. I play some classical pieces on the mandolin and some bluegrass. I consider improvisation one of my strengths.
· Violin · In studio It was really good information and I had a lot of fun.
· Fiddle · In studio I have been taking fiddle/violin lessons from Marc for a few months now, and it has been a great experience. He is very patient and keeps things fun by helping me learn pieces that I am interested in learning to play. I would highly recommend him for any instrument you are wanting to learn.
· Mandolin · In studio I have been playing the mandolin for about four years now and have had several different teachers, of which Marc is by far the best one I have had. I wish I had started with him. Marc is very patient and works with you to bring out your best effort. He challenges me with interesting music to play, helps me to understand the piece and shows me different ways to finger the notes. When I started with Marc two months ago I was playing hornpipes and dances and now I've moved up to Bach and Vivaldi. Marc is also an accomplished instrument maker.
· Violin · In studio Marc is an excellent violin teacher with an easy-going yet effective style. My 8 year old daughter looks forward to her lessons and is rapidly improving with Marc's guidance. Marc makes the lessons fun by choosing music that my daughter enjoys and playing along with her. I highly recommend Marc as a teacher.
· Violin · very good musical ear
Marc is good at keeping lessons Interesting and not just following a workbook, but still making sure you learn what you need to excel.
· Mandolin · friendly, knowledgeable teacher
From musical theory to learning a tune by ear, Marc is a good
teacher. Marc is knowledgeable, friendly, encouraging, flexible,
and in my opinion has good taste in music.
· Violin · Great Teacher with a low pressure style
I've been taking violin lessons from Marc for several weeks and he is a great teacher. He has a low pressure teaching style that I really like because I get nervous when I play in front of other people. He seems very knowledgeable in both the technical aspects of the violin as well as the music theory. He is quick to return emails and is always happy to answer my questions. I've taken other instrument lessons in the past and Marc is by far the best teacher I've had. I'm really enjoying my lessons with Marc and I hope to continue for a long time to come.