Currently accepting new students.
Hi, I'm Mandy!
Over the years, I've had the great pleasure of instructing a range of students in classical piano, violin and voice, working in both classroom settings and one-on-one instruction. My mission as a private teacher is to provide the quality and professional instruction that will best help each student to grow in their own skills, knowledge, and passion as a musician. I enjoy creating a positive learning atmosphere for my students and truly value the unique talents of every individual. I look forward to meeting you!
As a young musician, Mandy C. grew to receive local recognition for her diverse knowledge and advanced skills in both instrumental music and voice, propelling her early career and leading her to hold a multitude of leadership roles. A classically trained pianist, violinist, and singer, her credits include conducting concerts as Student Director of the Davis Madrigals, serving as a soloist, 1st violinist and harpsichordist with the DHS Baroque Ensemble and Symphony Orchestra, and becoming the second of only two qualifying recipients of the Nicole Auclair Memorial Music Scholarship Award. Driven to challenge herself further, Mandy graduated from high school with multiple honors at age 16, and relocated to the Los Angeles area in 2014. Since 2010, Mandy has maintained several teaching positions in both Northern and Southern California. She is currently studying to obtain a Bachelor's Degree in Choral/Vocal Music Education with an Emphasis in Piano at the Bob Cole Conservatory of Music. Her incredible musicianship continues to be lauded by professors and colleagues a-like; and her versatility remains an asset. Among many professional skills, Mandy is furthering her studies to achieve a breadth of knowledge in vocal pedagogy and music methodology. Mandy is excited to be involved in the Los Angeles area's thriving hub of classical music, which is flourishing at this time. Summer 2016, Mandy was invited to play piano at the annual Llangollen International Music Eisteddfod, her role as accompanist in performances receiving positive remarks from judges.
In her free time, Mandy enjoys hiking, swimming in the ocean, and long chats over coffee.
-I am certified to work with minors under 18 in school-related functions.
-I carry out a Standard Code of Conduct when working with youth.
-I maintain a secure learning environment and strictly follow proper procedures to ensure the safety of children.
Completed as part of Youth Activity Training to provide instruction at the Bob Cole Conservatory's "HS Honor's Festival" and "Exploration Day" for young musicians.
National Association for Music Education (NAfME), among the world’s largest arts education organizations, is the only association that addresses all aspects of music education. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers. The Association orchestrates success for millions of students nationwide and has supported music educators at all teaching levels for more than a century.
Founded in 1959, the American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) is a nonprofit music-education organization whose expressed purposes outline the associations dedication to the advancement of choral music. The mission of ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
· Singing · In studio My son said she a great Teacher, he said he already learned some music technique on the 1st lesson 👍👍👍
· Piano · In home Mandy is an awesome teacher. She is energetic and patient.
· Piano · In home Mandy used to teach piano to Evan(7), Ciara(6) and Kiera(4), and she did a wonderful job with making the lessons fun and engaging for the little ones. She is very patient with the kids and knows how to motivate them.The kids improved very quickly! You won't regret hiring Mandy!
· · Mandy is a great musician! She is a student of mine at CSULB. I can highly recommend her as a teacher.
Bob Cole Conservatory of Music
· Piano · In home Mandy was so helpful when I was learning piano! She allowed me to work on what I needed improvement in and helped me gain all of the skills I needed to sight read easily! I loved her calm and supportive attitude because she helped me to get better without pushing me too hard! I loved working with her and would highly recommend her!!!