- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
I specialize in full stack web application development. While at Duo Security, a leader in leader in multi-factor authentication, I wrote integrations for third party applications to use a two-factor cloud service. I founded MS3.llc where I built tools for predicting the profitability of products purchased through retail arbitrage and sold online. While at Nokia I built visualizations and data models of network traffic from large telecom providers.
I graduated from EMU (Eastern Michigan University) with a Bachelors in Computer Information Systems, an education that’s part business and part computer science. To me a software developer is a professional with an understanding of the business, an intimate understanding of the technology, and the knowhow to leverage both for the benefit of the business.
It is my reward in life to make a living building great businesses and products, sharing my knowledge and experience, and helping others reach their goals and enrich their lives.
Replacing mainframe supply chain application used internally for warehouse order fulfillment and store replenishment.
● Worked with offshore development team
● Building web application and endpoints in Angular6 and Django2.1
● Developed RESTful Web Services
● Configure SAML federated authentication
● Additional experience:
○ Java Script, ReactJS, Bootstrap, Material Design, Java / J2EE, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Django
● Wrote automated acceptance and integration tests in Python using the Behave framework
● Wrote JS unit tests using Mocha, Chai, Sinon
functions, destructuring, classes,
● Setup frontend build system using grunt and yarn to compile and bundle
● made Highcharts & D3js visualizations for OLAP cube data
● Built data models to encapsulate attributes and logic of abstract concepts such as OLAP cube
slices and measures
● Organized development work using Git feature branch workflow (branch-PR-merge)
● Participated in code reviews on Github
● Tracked work tickets in Jira and documented code in confluence
● Developed applications in VMs and containers using vagrant and docker
● Additional experience:
○ SQLAlchemy (an ORM), Python twisted web server, webpack
Built a suite of tools in PHP and Python to improve sourcing and sales rates for online retail
platforms such as Amazon and eBay.
● Sourced products from local vendors for resale online
● Established relationships with local vendors to receive discounts
● Additional experience:
○ Amazon PHP SDK, Amazon Market Web Services API, OpenCV
● Curriculum includes slides, code tests (written) and code samples
Wrote and maintained integrations that augment a third party applications authentication path, allowing it to authenticate through Duo’s 2FA cloud service.
● Wrote a feature that automatically synced a customers active directory with Duos user store
● Maintained an IDP initiated SAML web portal written in PHP
● Technologies used includes:
○ Git & Phabricator, vagrant, docker, python twisted, JSHint, Karma, PhantomJS, mocha, Unittest, PHPUnit, Composer, Jquery, Babel
Instructed students ages 8-13 on the fundamentals of programming in Java and Android, covering topics such as flow control, functions, classes, the activity lifecycle, fragments, views, and adapters.
● Curriculum includes slides and code samples.
● Students were expected to use their knowledge by modifying application code, where they could test their
knowledge through trial and error and see the results running on a mobile device.
● End of course presentation on material learned and demo their working application
Major is a GREAT instructor! This is my 11-year old son's first attempt with Python (he has been doing Scratch) and Major does a great job engaging with him and adjusting as they go to give my son a great experience. He has also been patient with some of our tech issues (thank you Major)+ Read More
Major is very patient and helped me with learning hard concepts in my python class that I could not grasp before. He is an amazing instructor. I highly recommend him. Jadon
Major is hands down the best instructor that I have ever encountered!!! He knows Python like the back of his hand, and he is patience beyond words. You will NOT be disappointed!!!!
I met Major at a meet up in Shanghai ...And as a beginner he guided me to complete some programming task in short time... Appreciate that. i will recommend him to the world
I took a two-hours workshop with Major and it was fun and productive. He is a friendly, patient and knowledgeable tutor and I would definitely have my next workshop with him.
Major is very knowledgeable. He helped me out solving my python assignment and he clearly explained how the program works. I recommend him to anyone who is in need of help with programming! I will definitely use him again in the future!