- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Do you want to express yourself in English with fluency, accuracy, clarity, and confidence? I would love to help you. Mastering the English language may be tough, but it can also be great fun. Time spent together working towards achievement of your English language goals will be a sound investment in your personal, academic, and professional success. What are my qualifications? I hold a Master's degree in Adult Education with a concentration in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL) and have over fifteen years of instructional and administrative/advisory experience in the field. Working in private language schools and in a university setting, I have taught and advised students from all over the globe, from a wide variety of academic and professional backgrounds. I look forward to hearing from you.
Associate Director of Fordham University's Intensive English Program, serving matriculated undergraduate and graduate students, prospective university students, and English language learners from all walks of life.
Director of Studies, Activities Coordinator, Group and Individual Language Instructor for private language school based in downtown New York City. Lesson content areas included speaking, listening, reading, writing, Business English, and Test Preparation (TOEFL and IELTS).
Provided group and individual English language instruction to a wide variety of non-native speakers utilizing the Berlitz Method.
The Compton PESL accent modification method gives individuals an opportunity to learn and use improved American English pronunciation. Studies have demonstrated increases in pronunciation clarity and accuracy of at least 50% by the majority of students who complete the training program.
TESOL International Association’s mission is to advance professional expertise in English language teaching and learning for speakers of other languages worldwide.
· ESL · In studio As an ESL student, I was fortunate to have a number of good teachers. However, Maggie was a special teacher for me. What made her special is that she always tried to understand what and how her students wanted to learn. Regardless of which countries we were from, she tried to understand our cultural difference, native language differences, and meet our needs in a way that best matched our learning styles.
I am Japanese. Although a Japanese sentence can be translated to English in a grammatically correct way and English speakers can understand it, often the sentence does not resemble native English. Maggie helps advanced learners understand how certain words carry various emotions and create a certain ambience. She believes that native-like fluency cannot be attained through translation and gave me tools to break the habit and develop a more intuitive approach to language learning.
Maggie has great enthusiasm for teaching each student well. Her lessons were systematic and she clearly explained grammar and style points. She used not only textbooks, but also many materials which made her lessons much more fun! That’s why I liked her lessons so much.
I believe you would have a wonderful experience studying with Maggie.
Working with her would be one of the fastest ways to improve your English language skills.
· ESL · In studio I am Italian, and some years ago I went to NY to study English as an ESL student. I spent six months in the school, and I still remember those months as some of the best ones in my life. It was memorable not just because of the experience, but also because my then (very) poor English improved a lot, making me the person I am today (English is essential in my present work in Italy.)
Maggie is absolutely one of those who made this possible: she was one of my teachers, and she was simply great! She helped me so much in those months, and I really enjoyed following her classes. I think she is a brilliant, naturally gifted educator, enthusiastic and accurate. She is professional, serious, and her methods are simple and effective. She can always find ways to make things easier, even the most difficult ones (grammar for example!), so that meanings/concepts/rules would become clear and fixed in our mind.
She is also a very nice and generous person, always available to help: she cared so much about our education, making sure nobody was left behind, and every time I needed some extra explanations, she was always there to give more information, making examples taken from the everyday life, using tricks, songs, newspaper articles, connecting so theory to practice.
My English and I owe her a lot, and I’m sure your experience with her will be as enjoyable and rewarding as mine!
· ESL · I have worked with Maggie Hamble for over ten years, briefly as a teaching colleague at a private language school and more extensively when she was my supervisor at a university ESL program. Maggie will bring out the very best in you. She comes from a family of educators and has nearly two decades’ experience in adult education. She’s helped hundreds of students from all over the world achieve their language learning goals, whether accent reduction, academic writing, English for business, or just for fun. What I love most about Maggie is how clearly she explains the most confusing grammar topics and how she encourages her students to identify and correct their own errors. Patient but firm, friendly, and always professional, Maggie sincerely delights in watching her students improve. Working with her, you will master English grammar and find yourself speaking more fluently and confidently than you ever thought you could.