- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have a BS in music education received at Lehman College, Bronx, NY. I am a professional musician/ composer/ arranger.I received my teaching credentials at SFSU and have been a General music teacher as well as a, band teacher. I have studied trumpet with Classical ( Wilmer Wise)and Jazz musician (Bill Hardman) and big band arranging with Frank Foster( saxophonist and arranger with Count Basie Band). At present I am retired and teaching privately.
I have been teaching music for over 50 years as well as being a professional musician/ composer and arranger. I not only know my fundamentals inside and out, but also I know many tricks of the trade. Over the years I have developed special teaching techniques that enable students to make sense out of music and progress rapidly on their instruments.I love playing music and aim at stirring that same kind of excitement abut music in my students.
To each lesson I bring a unique mix, encouraging the student to pursue excellence and also have fun. I am well qualified to teach: woodwinds( oboe, flute, clarinet, all saxophones) brass(french horn, trumpet, trombone, tuba), and piano.
*** Lesson Details ***
I make music interesting to learn. I encourage students to practice daily so they can improve. The more they improve the more fun they can have with music not only alone, but with others.
I am very patient with my students especially with beginners. I know that for them it is like learning a new language. Once they begin to increase their musical vocabulary, they will enjoy what they can do with music.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Seating for parents, basement studio, piano, drum set
*** Travel Equipment ***
Students should provide their own instruments.
I have taught band music or Elementary, Mid School, and High schools as well as after school bands for 40 years. I have also directed professional bands from 4-18 pieces.
· Piano · In studio Mack is a good teacher.
· Clarinet · In studio Thanks Mack!
· Piano · In studio Excellent. Patient. Great teacher.
· Clarinet · In home Adequate studio, explains music and demo well,
· French Horn · In studio Mack is a great and patient teacher. Our son was assigned the only French Horn for his middle school beginning band class. We are clueless on how to help him. We found Mack on Takelessons. He got great reviews and lives not too far from us. After the first lesson, our son could play the entire C major scale! He can't wait for his next lesson. Thank you, Mack. We are so lucky to have you.
· Piano · In home Mac is a very patient and excellent instructor!
· Trumpet · In studio Just one lesson so far but Mack has me moving along with things to study and improve. He has a lot to offer and I very much appreciate his patience.
· Piano · In studio My son, 9, likes to learn from Mack - my son remembers what Mack told him to do and practice. This is quite a surprise for me considering how he dislikes teachers in general...
· Trumpet · In home I had the pleasure of meeting and learning the trumpet with Mack. I must say for the small amount of time we had it was awesome.
· Piano · In studio Encouraging and engaging!