- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Lynn Ligammari is a graduate from the Eastman School of Music, with a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Saxophone Performance and Education.
Known for her versatility, Lynn performs with a wide array of musical projects that include, The Afro-Peruvian Jazz Orchestra, Conor Oberst, Al Chez & The Brothers of Funk, Frank London & The Shekinah Big Band, Holy Hand Grenade, The Dorian Wallace Free-Sound Ahnsemble, Soulsystem Orchestras, and Oblio.
She has played at NPR, the David Letterman Show, America's Got Talent, Governor's Ball, the Bluenote, the Newport Jazz Festival, the Newport Folk Festival, the JVC Jazz Festival, Summerstage, and more.
In addition to performing, she is a Teaching Artist for Lincoln Center Education, and a saxophone instructor for Mannes Prep at The New School.
Lynn was born and raised in Niagara Falls, NY, and is a Conn-Selmer artist.
*** Lesson Details ***
In addition to the fundamentals (Tone, Rhythm, Technique, Ear-Training, Sight-Reading), I also like to tie-in music theory, composition, and improvisation along the way. I believe in setting short-term, mid-term, and long-term goals that are specific to the student and their needs and wants. I also believe in the benefit of having the student bring in songs or materials that they are interested in, and designing lessons around their interests. I am patient, creative, and willing to move at any pace that is right for you.
Through my experience as an educator I understand that every student is different, and therefore, my job is to guide and facilitate learning, while making the process as enjoyable as possible! My approach is customized to bring out your strengths and interests, while also ensuring that you have a solid foundation on your instrument. In addition, I am professionally trained in both jazz & classical music, and I perform regularly with working bands of all types and genres.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Music room w/ drum set, piano, guitars, clarinet, sax, flute, amps, seating for parents
*** Travel Equipment ***
Students are expected to have an instrument, and eventually selected method-books which will be decided upon for each student based on their needs, goals, or level.
*** Specialties ***
I teach all levels of students, from beginner to professional levels of all ages.
Skills and teaching techniques vary specifically per individual, but may include saxophone technique (technical facility, tone, scales, overtones), improvisation (jazz as well as other styles), sight reading, music theory, ear training, transcription, composition, and repertoire development in all styles of music (jazz, classical, pop, funk, world, etc.)
A labor union representing professional musicians in the United States and Canada. Founding in 1896 as the successor to the "National League of Musicians," the AFM is the largest organization in the world representing the interests of professional musicians.
· Music Performance · In home I've worked with Lynn for going on three years now and she has without a doubt been one of the most talented and most enjoyable people to make music with that I've ever encountered. Not only does she rock the sax better than most, she's extremely humble and approaches music with an openness and extremely positive energy. I give her my highest recommendation as a great teacher, and a great human being.
· Clarinet · In studio An awesome instructor, patient, enjoyable, and informative. Has a brilliant sense of teaching technique, theory, sight reading. Look forward to each lesson ,and continuing to build and improve on each lesson.