- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
- January 2013
I am a passionate performer and dedicated music educator. I completed my graduate degree in Trombone Performance at the University of Denver - Lamont School of Music in 2017 and my undergraduate degree in Music Education from the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith in Spring 2015. During my time earning these degrees I learned how to teach in many different techniques and how to teach all sorts of learners. I love sharing my own passion for music with others and hopefully having them learn the same passion for themselves.
• Led low brass sectionals
• Taught students their ensemble music
• Arranged and instructed a piece to be performed by the brass
• Further developed student’s performance skills
• Personally taught beginner trombonists playing fundamentals
• Taught beginning trombonist jazz fundamentals
• Assisted in rehearsals of trombone choir, sectionals, and chamber
• Organized music, coordinated rehearsal times, and assigned parts
to ensemble members
• Led rehearsals in the absence of Professor Bean
• Created a studio website for the Lamont Trombone Studio
• Rehearsed the winds of the high school orchestra
• Instructed students on the fundamentals of their instrument, basic
music theory, and performance practices
• Arranged music to be performed by the ensemble
• Implemented annual standards for the music program to ensure
students were well- equipped for high school
I went through 4 years of classes to become certified to teach all instruments in band programs.
A labor union representing professional musicians in the United States and Canada. Founding in 1896 as the successor to the "National League of Musicians," the AFM is the largest organization in the world representing the interests of professional musicians.+ Read More
Lucas, among being an excellent human being, is celebrated by friends, family, and colleagues as a top tier performer and educator. His professionalism and depth of understanding only compliment his already outstanding musicianship.
He is very patient and very quick to discovering and fixing the problems my kid has, or should I say had, on the trombone!
This guy is amazing! Completely changed my playing and even helped me take a new look at learning anything musical!