- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
There are lots of reasons people take singing lessons...a dream of performing for crowds, wanting to melt faces at karaoke, not being embarrassed when singing in the shower... But the common goal is finding your voice and creating a sound you love. My studio is designed to create a space where that process is comfortable and fun! Lessons will start wherever you’re at and go at your own pace towards your specific goals.
I was trained at the School of Creative Arts in Sydney, Australia and specialize in pop, rock and R&B vocal technique. I work with a lot of beginners as well as people in bands and songwriters.
I'm from an extremely musical family and have always loved singing. (I almost pushed my parents over the edge as a kid because I would hum CONSTANTLY...) I lived in Haiti, the Dominican Republic and the US of A growing up and then moved to Sydney, Australia after high school to study music. I ran a vocal studio in San Diego for a few years and now live in NYC.
I teach online and in my NYC studio. For in person lessons click on 'Singing' subject, for online click 'Vocal Training'.
If you don't see a time available in my schedule that works for you please feel free to contact me. Things are always moving and changing!
(PS: If you read reviews and notice every one was calling me Rachel, don't be confused! That is my middle name, I now go by my first name, Luca.)
· Singing · Online I love Luca! She is amazingly supportive and understands both me and my voice. We've made tremendous progress in two lessons, and I have real hope that I will soon be able to sing freely and well.
· Singing · In studio Luca is by far one of the best teachers I've ever had, over the past two years she has worked with me on developing not only my technique but also my unique voice and artistic process. She is kind, patient, funny and incredibly passionate about her music and her students.
· Singing · In home Amazing, talented, encouraging, intuitive and very supportive teacher!!! Rachel is a true professional and very interesting person with unique background!!! If your goal is not only to learn how to sing but to find your own way/style and enjoy every moment of the this journey, Rachel is the best choice!!!
· Singing · Online Luca is an outstanding teacher and mentor. She helped me build tone, clarity and consistency with my voice and has given me the confidence to perform songs I would have never dreamed of singing well. If you're looking to take your singing to the next level I would highly recommend Luca.
· Singing · In home I've been working with Rachel for over a year and have LOVED every second of it. I'm a twenty-something professional who has always wanted to take voice lessons as a hobby and never in a million years would have thought I could make the improvements in my voice that I have with her. She's improved my range, and I'm now tackling songs that I would have always classified as "too hard" for me to sing. The way she breaks things down to learn is truly unprecedented (having taken lessons in other instruments, I know this to be true). I would recommend her to anyone apprehensive of taking the leap into voice lessons or those just looking to enhance the skills they already have!
· Singing · Online I worked with Rachel for six months to help me perfect "Waiting for a girl like you" by Foreigner. I am not a singer and have no experience doing so. I am so proud to say that I was able to sing this song at my wedding in front of almost 400 people. 100% of the credit goes to Rachel for her dedication, encouragement, and exceptional expertise. I was on key, in tune, in sync with the song, and enjoyed every moment of it. My wife was thrilled, and the rest of the audience was just stunned. THANK YOU RACHEL!!
· Singing · In home Amazing instructor and the immediate knowledge that I had chosen the right coach.
· Singing · Online I've had three lessons with Rachel so far. I have to say that the last time I sang a song, I was 8 years old. I didn't think I had it in me, but I am getting to the point where I actually have some confidence. The improvement I've seen is 100% because of Rachel. She is amazingly patient, and an excellent teacher. I would recommend her to anyone - beginner or pro - who wants to improve their voice. A+
· Singing · Online Rachel definitely knows what she is doing. She is a real professional who knows how to work with what you have to make it even better. She is upbeat, uses your strengths to improve your overall ability, and is a terrific teacher. Highly recommended!
· Singing · Online Rachel has been great at helping me improve my voice by giving specific instruction and exercises that focus on the key areas where I need to work. She really gets what I am trying to accomplish and directs our lessons to that end. She is really great!