Lorna is a music teacher who has been teaching voice and piano for years. She is a graduate of Florida International University where she earned a Bachelor degree in Music Education. She is lots of fun. Lorna is also a professional singer who sings several genres, which includes opera, jazz, R&B, gospel, pop and musical theater, etc. A student can expect to grow and advance as a performer/musician while taking lessons with Lorna.
*** Lesson Details ***
Lorna teaches all ages and genders, and likes to make music fun and interesting. Yet it is very important to her that her students learn, grow, and understand their instrument so they can use it effectively. In the initial stage of lessons students are assessed to find their strengths and weaknesses. From that assessment Lorna creates an individualized plan for her students to help them reach specific goals. Music is one of Lorna's greatest passions and she enjoys passing on everything she knows to her students.
*** Studio Equipment ***
*** Travel Equipment ***
*** Specialties ***
*Teachers marked as a Student Favorite have taught a minimum of 25 lessons and have received the highest feedback rating from students.
Classical (opera), Jazz, R&B, Musical Theater, Gospel and Pop for voice. classical for piano, sightreading and music theory
I have worked as a professional music instructor in beginning through intermediate piano and beginning through professional voice for many years now and have been singing since the age of 8 in front of crowds. I have recorded on albums and have written music for other artists. I sing many genres such as Classical, Gospel, R&B, Pop, Jazz, Music theater, and Neo-Soul just to name a few. I love what I do and believe in doing it well. I also have the experience and education to teach you what it takes to be a great musician/vocalist.
A certification granted by the Florida Department of Education that certifies that one is an Educated Professional in his/her field of study.
The National Education Association (NEA), the nation's largest professional employee organization, is committed to advancing the cause of public education. NEA's 3 million members work at every level of education—from pre-school to university graduate programs. NEA has affiliate organizations in every state and in more than 14,000 communities across the United States.
· Singing · In studio Ms Lorna is a great instructor and very professional. I intend to continue to develop my singing ability with her. There were times I thought I just couldn't do it, but she is so encouraging and also assured me I can do it. My confidence level has increased tremendously so has my ability to sing from my diaphragm, not my throat. I truly recommend this instructor.
· Vocal Training · In studio Lorna has that power to bring out the best in you. She understand how to handle a student and make them to be the best they could ever imagine. I really learn so much as a singer. She is just too good in music.
· Singing · In studio Mrs. Lorna was very professional and very kind. She explains well and we learned a lot on the first day. I will definitely recommend her to anyone especially if they have children. Thank you Mrs. L!
· Singing · In home It's been great. Lorna has a great personality. Very professional. She cares about students learning the technique. Very patient and knowledgeable. Recommend!
· Singing · In studio Working with ms.lorna I have started singing 10x's better and have learned alot. She can really Transform you to your nearest potential , She is also very well organized and pays attention to every detail about you.
· Singing · In studio I have learned so much taking voice lessons with Mrs. Lorna. She is professional, patient, knowledgeable, encouraging and flexible. I look forward to learning more techniques from her.
· Singing · STUDENT
I HAVE THOROUGHLY ENJOYED TAKING LESSONS FROM MS. LORNA. SHE IS WELL LEARNED AND TALENTED AND IT SHOWS DURING THE LESSONS.
· Singing · skilled
I have been taking vocal classes with Mrs. Lawson off and on about 3 years or so. At first I thought being that I have a male voice type and her as a women that she wouldn't really be able to help me. She approved me wrong and exceeded my expectation of her. The thing i love most about Ms.Lawson is that she is very patient and she would make sure you understand the material. She is very knowledgeable and she never puts you down and she helps you gain that confidence within yourself. If you are looking for a vocal teacher I Highly recommend I am now doing things that I couldn't never done and now I'm doing it with ease and skillfully. I give her 2 thumbs up!!!!!!
· Singing · Loving my Lessons with Ms. Lorna
Ms. Lorna is absolutely awesome. I've been taking vocal lessons with her for almost a year now and I've learned so many new skills and abilities. She is incredible, truly professional, and authentic with her singing and personality. Ms. Lorna is, without a doubt, a master of her craft.
· Singing · Learning so much
My voice instructor is the best in all areas. She is developing me into a skilled singer. Lorna is teaching me how to use all of the techniques and exercises into my everyday singing ministry. For instance, before I stared taking lessons with Lorna I always had a problem while singing in the area of going from the low register to the high smoothly, and being able to sing on my palate. I am pleased with her abilities to teach and bring out the best in an individual.