- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My motto has always been: "Each one, teach one"! I am a pediatric Occupational Therapist. I minored in interdisciplinary studies with an emphasis in ASL and Deaf cultural studies. I have been using sign language since I was in third grade when I found ASL to aide in my learning with CAPD, Central Auditory Processing Disorder. Although I'm not considered truly deaf by the deaf community, I do not always feel fully a part of the hearing community. I find that signing my words helps me concentrate on what I want to say and block out the distractions. I also find signing helps to put 3-d meaning to 2-d print which allows literature to have more texture to sustain my interest. I am sure I am not alone in finding ASL helpful in aiding learning and understandIng. I see the benefit of learning sign language as more than just a foreign language credit, but also as a therapeutic teaching tool for neurological growth in areas of reading and attention.
I am a pediatric Occupational Therapist. I have taught professional development courses in Sign Language and after-school Sign Language Learning Programs for children.
· American Sign Language · Online Lora is a great instructor! I took ASL years ago and have forgotten much of what was taught. It is wonderful to have to opportunity to relearn from Lora in my own home.
· American Sign Language · Online When I first signed up, I was a little worried since I do have some ASL knowledge as far as finger-spelling and basic signs that are important to little kids since I lived downstairs from a deaf family when I was 9- 15. However, Lora was able to instantly modify things for where I was and in one lesson I learned a lot and dusted the cobwebs off the part of my brain that remembers signs. Lol.
· American Sign Language · Online Very friendly and encouraging!
· Sign Language · Online
· Sign Language · Online
· American Sign Language · Online Lora makes learning fun! She's patient, knows ASL very well, and is creative in the way she teaches, which makes it fun. I find her to be friendly and funny, while also having an extensive knowledge of ASL because she uses it personally and through her work.
· American Sign Language · Online Fun,, informative, obviously spent significant time planning for my specific needs and requests.
· American Sign Language · Online Lora was BEYOND fantastic! I had never used Takelessons before but, Lora was very professional and funny; she made me feel very comfortable and at ease! I would recommend Lora to everyone I know! She made my whole session worth every penny! Thank you so much. I look forward to many more sessions in the future!