- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have been a guitar and voice instructor for over 15 years, and a piano teacher for 6, my piano program is the most popular. I am able to get you playing in no time. I have also tutored elementary students and worked for Montessori's for many years. I really love this job! I also teach beginning violin.
I had a real hard time learning guitar when I was growing up because of an accident to my left arm, but I wanted to play so much that I was able to overcome it. Because of this, I think I have learned to be a very patient teacher. I see students who get frustrated and think that it's too hard to play the guitar or piano, but I promise you, my program is fun and simple. I can show you the steps to success. I have taught over 1000 students in a variety of cities from Minneapolis Minnesota, to Los Angeles California, and now Portland Oregon. This is what I do. It is all I do. I have individually taught over 28,000 lessons total, so I have dealt with every kind of person including those with disabilities. I have taught every age from 5-70. I am also a performer, and I own my own music publishing company through ASCAP (American Society of Composers Authors and Publishers). I currently teach Piano to level 4, so if you are a beginner, you will love my new program. Music is my life, I can help you make your dream of playing a musical instrument come true, even in a few short lessons. You can do it! I prefer to have serious students and would like to audition you before setting you in a schedule as I have many students waiting. Therefore I now choose which ones I feel will be a good fit. This benefits you as well, as I want you to be happy with your lessons. I have worked for Take Lessons a long time and have a good track record.
* I hold recitals twice a year in May and November. Check out my videos.
*** Lesson Details ***
The thing I have learned over the years teaching guitar, piano or voice, is that everyone learns differently. I have taught in family situations where there are two or three siblings learning at the same time, but each sibling learned the skills that are unique to them. Some students are better at playing rhythm, some students are better at lead, some students are better with barre chords. As long as you are enjoying playing the guitar, you will be able to grow in every area at your own pace. Music should be a fun and rewarding experience. My lessons usually include songs that you like to play and are at your level of playing ability. We can play as a band too. When you are ready, I love to bring out the drum machine while you play guitar and I play the bass notes, giving you the feel of a live group situation that can make learning at your lesson more fun. But if that's not for you, we can just play guitar together too, whatever makes you feel the most comfortable is how you will be able to learn the best. Tell me what you need I am always here to help you.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Amplifiers, Chords, Microphones, Guitars, Piano,violins
Private Cancellation Policy
Effective 1/1/2014, all lessons scheduled with Lisa N., Take Lessons instructor for piano, guitar, bass, and voice, will now have new reschedule and cancellation requirements. These requirements are that no lessons may be cancelled, only rescheduled. If students miss a lesson due to sickness, vacation, traffic, or emergency, the student will have the lesson marked as missed, but will be allowed to make up the lesson within the month. The student must make up the lesson on a Saturday, unless other times are available for reschedule throughout the week. Check with the instructor for flexibility in scheduling, as every effort will be made to accommodate the situation. There will no longer be a 24 hour cancellation policy as all lessons will be marked missed. The teacher will give the same consideration due to emergencies, sickness, and or classes, and if a student shows up at the studio and a lesson cannot be given by the teacher for any reason, the student will not be charged.
Thanks Sincerely Lisa N.
Take Lessons Instructor
*** Specialties ***
*Teachers marked as a Student Favorite have taught a minimum of 25 lessons and have received the highest feedback rating from students.Beginning to intermediate Guitar Voice and Bass lessons, beginning Piano.
Long term assistant teacher to toddlers and kindergarten students.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Singing · In home Lisa was wonderful with my daughter who is so shy and was so nervous. Lisa made her feel comfortable and more confident.
· Piano · In home My 11 yr old daughter has only had one lesson thus far but I am so impressed. Lisa was so nice and positive and really got to work fast with my daughter and had her playing simple songs on the first day! Quite a surprise to me! She came home to practice more and was so excited about being able to take lessons, which is not a regular occurrence for her. I am usually trying to get her to do things but Lisa showed her quickly how capable she was and how fun it could be.
Thank you Lisa!
· Piano · In home She was great! Very patient and a great teacher. My daughter is excited to have direction and focus.
· Guitar · In home Lisa is a mentor and an amazing instructor!
· Music Performance · In studio We have been extremely pleased with Lisa N., my daughter's instructor. We
have been with her for about 4 years, and it has been a wonderful
experience. We would definitely recommend her for anyone looking for a
· Bass Guitar · In studio The first lesson for bass guitar went very well. The level of instruction was just right and got right into some playing which really helped keep the student engaged. Asking her about types of music helped put her at ease. We look forward to future lessons.
· Singing · In studio I asked Maranda how her first singing lesson went, and she said amazing.
· Piano · In home After my oldest daughter had been taking guitar for a while, we decided to start her younger sister on piano. It's so nice to be able to have the lessons back to back. After just one lesson my daughter could already play a song. My daughter decided to play in the recital, and she sounded like a pro after only 6 months. Lisa is very talented as a musician and teacher. She really wants her students to feel successful and to feel engaged. She teaches them classical music as well as what is popular today. I'm amazed at how quickly my daughter is progressing.
· Guitar · In studio My daughter has been taking guitar and sometimes voice lessons for over 2 years now. Lisa is very encouraging and positive. She teaches whatever music my daughter wants to learn and continually encourages her to try new things. She has even helped her and a couple of friends prepare their song for a final in choir class. I would highly recommend Lisa as an instructor.
· Singing · In home Great teacher! She's very patient and adapts to you and your goals.