- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I studied Classical Piano under Ruth Jones for 13 years and under Audrejean Heydenburg at Spring Arbor University for 2 years. I studied Voice under Tamara Whitley for 6 years and under Charles Livesay at Spring Arbor University for 2 years.I have been teaching Piano lessons for 10+ years and Voice lessons for nearly as long. I studied piano pedagogy and vocal music education at Spring Arbor University for 2 years. I then taught music at West Highland Christian Academy for K-12 students and Home School Band and Choir for upper elementary students. Along with teaching, I lead worship at Bend City Church and has accompanied for several community plays and student scholarship events.
"I enjoy all kinds of music and really want to share my love of music with people of all ages. My goal is to get people excited to learn and expand their abilities through voice and piano and to prepare future performers and teachers as well."
*** Lesson Details ***
I teach all styles of voice including Classical, Italian, Jazz and Folk styles as well as Contemporary, Pop and Broadway. I incorporate the fundamentals into my everyday teaching style and help the student to grow in their technical ability through application in each song they study. I teach the student how to use their voice correctly as well as how to have good stage presence and performance ready ability.
I teach beginner piano students from age 5 through method books as well as more advanced students in either Classical styles or Contemporary styles. Some students have the desire to be concert pianists or to teach piano themselves, others just wish to play with a band or play songs which they can sing to. Both styles are valuable skills to learn. I will discuss with the student which direction they would like to go and decide together what the student would like to learn.
You will receive a copy of my studio policy at your first lesson. You will be required to read over and sign this policy before lessons are to continue.
*** Studio Equipment ***
My home studio is in my apartment in a comfortable living room setting. Parents are welcome to wait and listen to the lesson or drop the student off.
*** Specialties ***
Classically trained Piano, Specialize currently in improvising with chord charts or lead sheets. Worship Music.
Voice lessons rely heavily on Broadway, and Show Tunes, but also include Classical, Italian, Latin, Folk Tunes, Classic Rock, Groups, Performance.
· Piano · In studio Lisa has been a wonderful piano teacher for my 7 year old, developing in her a real love of music. Lisa makes playing the piano so much fun that my daughter doesn't even realize how much she's learned!
· Piano · In home So far so good! My daughter enjoys her lessons with Lisa. Lisa is punctual and patient. We are looking forward to a long term relationship and hopefully my 7 year old will master the art of piano!
· Piano · In home Lisa is very good
· Singing · In studio Thanks for everything your an awesome teacher!!!!😊😊😊😊😊
· Singing · In home I don't know where to begin. Lisa is absolutely wonderful! She's skilled at what she does and really understands children. She wants them to have fun while they learn. My daughter's vocal range has improved tremendously and she's very confident on stage. I would highly, highly recommend Lisa to anyone!!
· Piano · In studio Lisa looked for ways to engage our son in learning piano, even though he does not have a particular interest in it and is not musically inclined. With Lisa's help, he is on his way to becoming musically literate and has learned to enjoy music.
· Singing · In studio My daughter loves her lessons. She began taking lessons to help her do better in theater auditions, to help her start landing roles. I noticed that the lessons helped her sing with more confidence, and with a more open, less nasal sound. She has a better understanding of how to approach singing for performance. And she has landed a good role in a musical since she began taking the lessons. We're very happy with the results, and we're sorry Lisa is moving away.
· Broadway Singing · In studio Lisa has been a wonderful help to my high school aged daughter she loves her lessons and looks forward to them every time.
· Piano · In home I sat in the room while 5 year old Maia had her lesson with Lisa. Maia seemed relaxed and able to follow Lisa's instructions. I was really impressed with Lisa's approach to the lesson and feel lucky to have connected with her. Maia said she likes her teacher too and was able to show me what she learned in her first lesson! Looking forward to future lessons with Lisa!
· Piano · In studio Lisa's knowledge and patience is amazing.