Lillian is a classically trained pianist. She is a native Cuban. She studied piano in her youth for eight years at the International Conservatory of Music and at the Raisa Olivé Musical Institute in Havana, Cuba.
She completed two years of college with an Education major at University of New Orleans.
The studio is located in the Chisholm Valley neighborhood in Round Rock, close to La Frontera.
Member of the National Guild of Piano Teachers, Teacher Division of American College of Musicians, USA; and Music Teachers National Association
*** Lesson Details ***
For children, I use the Piano Adventures Method. This method excels in step by step teaching of musicality and artistry. In six months, students will be able to read and play simple melodies.
For adults, I use Alfred's Adult Piano Course. It is recognized as one of the best in the industry. It explains concepts clearly and briefly, and it drills material while offering delightful pieces.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Living room w/ acoustic piano and seating for parents
*** Specialties ***
Piano Adventures, Alfred's Adult Piano Course
Training in ethics, legal terminology, bookkeeping, secretarial procedures, judgment, skills
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Piano · In studio As an older adult, relearning the piano, I appreciate Lillian's skill in boosting my confidence while stretching my abilities. She keeps it fun, but challenges me to improve. Lillian is just who I needed to enjoy playing again.
· Piano · In studio After 40 years without lessons, I decided I wanted to be able to enjoy my piano. Lillian is the perfect teacher for me. A gentle nudge, lots of praise, I can see progress is being made. I certainly leave my lessons with a smile on my face and playing pieces I never thought I could master.
· Piano · In home I enjoyed my first lesson with Lillian. She was very respectful of my previous learning and the many years spent without regular play. Together, we are improving my skills and I am grateful to have found her.
· Piano · In studio Lillian is patient, kind, positive, and careful to combine theory with practical teaching. As an older student, just learning piano, I learned more from her in one lesson than the five lessons I took before. She is excellent. I have hope now that I can learn piano.
· · Lillian has been a very patient, understanding instructor for this older student who could no longer read notes. She makes learning to play again a fun lesson each time.
· · Lillian is a fantastic piano teacher! She is so sweet and patient with my five-year-old and praises her during the entire lesson. My daughter leaves feeling very proud of what she learned and excited to practice what Ms. Lillian taught her. I highly recommend Lillian; she is a delightful teacher!!!