- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Studying music has tremendous benefits including: discipline, self confidence, problem solving, and stronger connections in the brain! Understanding music can give you new perspectives on how to look at the world. If you have felt the power of music then you owe it to yourself to understand and harness what is already a part of you. OWN IT!
While studying with me we will work on many facets of music including technique, sight reading, critical listening, music theory, improvisation, and how to apply these skills to a piece of music to truly express yourself. My goal is to instill a deep understanding of music to my students while letting their individual sensibilities show.
STYLES: I can teach all styles of American music (i.e Rock, Blues, Country, Jazz, R&B etc.) as well as classical and fingerstyle.
I have a degree in classical guitar and have performed with the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra as well as done concerts in the USA, Italy, and the UK.
I have experience playing in many different bands in many styles including: Rock, Reggae, African, Blues, and Jazz groups.
SUZUKI METHOD: I am trained and certified in the Suzuki Guitar Method and spent 3 years teaching Suzuki in studio with children as young as 5. This involves a significant parent-teacher-student commitment and regularly yields impressive results.
ON TALENT: I agree with Shin-ichi Suzuki that talent is irrelevant and a myth. I believe that the potential of all my students are the same but they come to me with various starting skills levels and all learn at a very different pace. I believe that the myth of “talent” really just means that the individual has had a long exposure to music. This is why I emphasize critical listening in my lessons. If you have a large knowledge of music and sounds in your head it makes it easier to make connections and better assess your ideas.
Provided electric/acoustic/classical guitar tracks on recordings
Brendan Eprile's "The Flow" 2015
The Conductor's "Blastoff" 2015
Andrew Seligson's "The Sounds of Spruce" 2015
Acted as producer engineer for:
Dharma Bums "Rotten EP"
Thunderbug Collective "Tour Sampler 2016"
Rusty Nailgun Sharpshooters "Life Lessons from Auto Racing"
Develop individualized curriculum based on each student’s needs and goals
Provide weekly lessons covering technique, interpretation, musicality, and theory
-Develop individualized curriculum based on each student’s needs and goals
-Provide weekly lessons covering technique, interpretation, musicality, and theory
-Manage schedule and maintain a studio of 20+ students, age 5 and up
-Received overwhelmingly positive feedback on quarterly reviews by parents, students, and employer
Every Child Can!
*Suzuki Association of the Americas Teacher Development Scholarship
Guitar Foundation of America (GFA) is the America's leading classical guitar organization founded in 1973 at the National Guitar Convention sponsored by the American String Teachers Association (ASTA).
The Suzuki Association of the Americas (SAA) is a coalition of teachers, parents, educators, and others who are interested in making music education available to all children. The SAA provides programs and services to members throughout North and South America.
· Blues Guitar · In studio Lenny is a great instructor. He's both personable and patient, brings extensive theory knowledge as well as technical guitar playing abilities to the table. His rates are reasonable and he's flexible with scheduling. I highly recommend lessons with Lenny, regardless of your level of experience.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Lenny was my daughter's first instructor for guitar, she had two years of piano - she was not as motivated with the piano instructor as with Lenny. He took his time with any questions she had, he was totally patient with her, he really has a understanding of music and is able to explain it in a way with minimal if no confusion. No matter what kind of day he may have had at school he remained absolutely consistent from week to week with how he taught during the lesson. His focus was where it should be, even when other family members needed to take my daughter he was undaunted yet caring. I would highly recommend this young man hands down. I told him personally through emails how thankful and blessed we were with him as a teacher. I have other children, older, and I have had them through various teachers with various instruments and Lenny is definitely a 5-Star.