- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello cellists! My name is Lenna and I am pleased to meet you! I've been teaching private lessons since 2011 and have loved helping my students improve their tone, learn better sight reading skills, and become more relaxed around their cellos. I studied chamber music for four years under the world famous Chiara Quartet. My favorite books about classical music are: The Art of Practicing and Just Play Naturally. I'm a kind and patient person and my teaching style is focused on comfort and emotional vibrancy in performance. I look forward to guiding you through some wonderful musical experiences.
This year I have had the honor of playing cello in The Park Quartet, the quartet in residence at The Park Church Co-op in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
I get a lot of work doing recording sessions with Indie Musicians such as Bird Courage, Steve Nelson, Silverteeth, Julia Reade, Tica Douglass, and Ember Schrag.
The Suzuki Association of the Americas (SAA) is a coalition of teachers, parents, educators, and others who are interested in making music education available to all children. The SAA provides programs and services to members throughout North and South America.
· Cello · In home Lenna is a warm, competent and encouraging teacher whose patience and good humor have helped my daughter to develop a love of the cello. Talia practices for fun, and shares some of the conversations she has with Lenna with her friends because they mean a lot to her. For example, every week Talia seems to ask what the saddest note is, and she and Lenna play and discuss the emotional tenor of the cello. It means a great deal to Talia and she recounts thw discussions to her friends, for whom she now volunteers to play cello.
The nuts and bolts: Lenna is easy to reach, responsive and accommodating. She arrives on time and prepared. She is able to communicate effectively during lessons and gives good feedback and good homework. She is positive and encouraging, too.
· Cello · In studio Lenna is the kind of musician and teacher you will never forget. I had the privilege of working with her in college, and she's always been one of my very favorite collaborators!
· Cello · Online Lenna is the BEST teacher in ANY subject I have ever had! She is patient, kind, supportive, has a great sense of humor, and I love to listen to her play as she is teaching me! If you are looking for a fabulous online Cello teacher, Lenna is the one to choose!!!!
· Cello · Online IF THERE IS A SAINT OF CELLISTS, i NOMINATE LENNA. She is filled with peacefulness, serenity, meditation, spirituality, prayer, humor, patience....and that does't even begin to talk about her extremely brilliant like the stars, cello playing and teaching. She is my first cello teacher, and she is my therapist, although she taught me today, that my cello is my therapist......it resonates passion and comfort and joy and beauty, beauty beauty. If you can take cello lessons, no matter your age, Lenna is the one you want for your teacher.
· Cello · Online Lenna is awesome!!!! I am the most beginner of beginners......never picked up a cello, never knew how to hold a bow or rosin it or even TUNE the cello! She was SOOOOO patient and kind. I am looking forward to every lesson, and added 2 additional lessons every month, so now I have weekly lessons!! I am thrilled! SO glad to have found her!!!
· Cello · Online FABULOUS instructor! Skilled, patient, obviously loves Cello and has a passion for music!!!!
· Cello · In studio Another wonderful lesson
· Cello · In studio I am an adult beginner on cello, but I play a number of other instruments reasonably well. Lenna is attentive to my specific needs and adapts what we work on to focus on technique such that I don't feel, as I have with some other teachers at times, that I am dragging my feet a little bit. She is very patient and kind while also providing me with the constructive input I need. I would highly recommend her for adults, and I can see her working very well with children as well given her kind and patient manner.
· Cello · In home I tried several cello instructors (one of them from Juilliard) and Lenna was the one I stuck with for years. She's amazing.
I highly recommend her for her compassion, kindness, patience, and ability to customize instruction based on what you need. Give her a shot!
· Music Performance · In studio Lenna is a kind a nurturing teacher. She is a careful listener and pays attention to her students' long term goals. I would highly recommend her for anyone interested in pursuing learning music as either a first time or experienced musician!