- Teaches students:
- and Ages 3+
- Teaching since:
Born and raised in Michigan, I developed a passion for helping others and a need for adventure. From working as a social worker to my treks up and down the world's highest mountains, I have spent much of my life enriching the lives of others while expanding my own horizons. In 2012, after spending many years living abroad in South Korea, I moved to California to begin a new adventure.
My teaching experience is just as extensive and creative. I started tutoring at after school programs when I was in high school, continuing my passion for school aged children through my years in college. After graduating, I took a leap and started my ESL experience in Korea, working with ages 3-50. Over the next 5 years, I switched countries and students many times, but my passion for teaching only continued to grow. Since coming back to my homeland, I have worked for several educational exchange programs, and continued one on one tutoring.
* Tutor ages 6-15 years old - mainly math, reading/writing, projects, studying for tests
* Private one on one lessons
* Students aged 3 - 16 years old
* All subjects - whatever the students needs homework help with - primarily math, writing, test studying
* ESL substitute teaching and Private lessons for exchange students
* Private ESL lessons for professionals in the Los Angeles area
* taught students aged 10-18 years old from France, Russia, Ukraine and China
* Experience with classroom technology - computer, internet, AV machine
* daily journal checks and word of the day assignments
* this was a live in summer camp, therefore, even outside of class, speaking and grammar were consistently being worked on
* taught students aged 4-16 years old
* classes in listening, speaking, reading, writing, grammar, debate, book club, thematic projects
* daily homework checks and vocabulary tests, weekly lesson plans and monthly progress reports
* assisted students on OPIC and TOEIC exams
* basic conversational classes
* prepared assessments for each students on a daily basis
* worked with students aged 10-17 years old
* ACT/SAT tutorials
* college applications
* homework assistance in a variety of subjects
* monthly progress reports
* developed educational materials
* prepared assessments of each student
* attended evening student activities
* developed educational programs and materials
* Designed curriculum and prepared weekly and monthly plans
* prepared grades and assessment/evaluation of students
* attended student counseling, phone teaching and teacher workshops
Lauren has helped my daughter tremendously! She is organized, thorough and patient and has passed on great study skills to my daughter. She now has an A in math! I highly recommend Lauren, she is a great tutor and such a nice person.
Lauren is very friendly and knowledgeable. She is great with my child. My daughters grade went up 1 whole grade after Lauren started helping. We love her attitude and approach to math!
Lauren is absolutely amazing with my son! Her knowledge and patience have been instrumental in my son's academic success. Could not be happier!