- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am a multi-instrumentalist and have been teaching piano since 1998. My students' ages range from 4 to 60+. I have been a musician for the majority of my lifetime, having started playing piano at age five. As a multi-instrumentalist I teach piano, clarinet, violin and guitar. I have also taught elementary school classroom music at a private school and directed musicals for them.
I have my BA in Music from San Diego State University and I am well prepared to teach music. One of the highlights of my music education at San Diego State was the privilege of playing violin for the SDSU Symphony Orchestra, performing master works such as Beethoven's Fifth Symphony as well John Williams' Suite from Star Wars.
I also received an Associate of Arts degree at Grossmont, College in El Cajon, California, with an emphasis on music education.
My lessons consist of exercises that emphasize proper techniques for each instrument.Lessons are tailored to the specific needs of each student. I would like my students to fully understand the entire musical process, including theory. I prepare lesson content to meet the individual needs of each student.
My students have expressed that they enjoy my music lessons. I am serious about lesson content and am always seeking new ways to make lessons more enjoyable. I include parents/guardians by informing them of lesson requirements and progress, and encourage all to ask questions or make suggestions.
It is my goal to share the joy that music brings to each life. I am looking forward to meeting you.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Expect students to have instruments and to purchase lesson books. I have piano and instrument being studied personally available.
*** Specialties ***
Bastien, Alfred, Dozen-a-Day, Keith Snell, Hanon, Czerny and others - piano; Suzuki, Laoureux etc. - violin; Leonard - guitar; Lazarus - Clarinet.
Together with these method books, I include personalized techniques, tailoring lessons each individual student.
I have been teaching music to individuals of all ages. I have also taught rudimentary music to elementary classes from kindergarten through 8th grade at a private school.
· Piano · In home Laura has a great sense of humor, which comes in handy when I am not doing as well as I would like. She is a very patient teacher, as well as creative in her teaching strategies. When I was taking lessons with her she was studying music at SDSU and utilized her fresh education in our sessions. Also, her at home studio serves as a relaxing setting, which was just my style.
· Violin · In studio I really enjoy going to my lessons. Laura is very patient, with great knowledge and a great personality. I am a 58 years old violin student and I want to learn more about the violin so that I can play at my Church. Her classes are fantastic and I know I will be playing in front of the congregation soon. I highly recommend her style whether you are a child, young adult or older like me. IT IS FUN!!