*** About Me ***
I am a classically trained cellist in NYC. I master's degree in cello performance from a top NYC conservatory. In addition to performing music, I love to teach cello lessons to aspiring musicians of all ages! My musical aspirations stem from an undying love of music and my wish to share this with others. I am friendly, cheerful, energetic, and very patient, which creates an easy atmosphere for students to tackle the challenges of mastering the cello.
*** Lesson Details ***
I emphasize a physically relaxed and technically accurate approach to cello playing so that students are free to create music without limitations or physical discomfort.
Though playing an instrument takes hard work, it should be a fun and enjoyable experience too! We will work together to ensure that you are learning pieces that interest you and inspire you to reach the next level. By the end of each lesson you will know what to work on for the week and exactly how to practice in order to achieve the most effective results.
Students will learn the fundamentals of music theory and history while focusing on improving their technical facility on the cello. Students also work towards building their comfort with the instrument by practicing increasingly complex exercises and repertoire.
Lessons will be highly interactive and geared towards your personal goals as an aspiring cellist.
*** Equipment ***
For lessons at my home, students only need to bring their instrument and their current repertoire.
For lessons at the student's home, students need to provide their own instrument, a music stand, 2 chairs, and the repertoire we are working on. I will bring my own instrument to lessons. I can assist you in renting a cello if you do not already have one.
* Teaching students in cello performance ages 8-65.
* Developing lesson plans and set goals according to student growth.
* Preparing students for auditions and concerts.
* Instructed weekly group lessons for 5 students in beginning-level cello performance.
* Created lesson plans for each weekly class of 21 students aged 8-10 based on their speed of improvement.
* Collaborated with 3 teachers for team teaching of fun and engaging music theory courses.