Music has been a huge part of my life, and I couldn't imagine a life without it. I hold a Bachelor of Music in Saxophone Performance and Jazz Guitar and have been exposed to nearly ever form of music imaginable. I began playing saxophone as a child, and picked up guitar shortly after. For the past decade I've played professionally and taught all around the country.
*** Lesson Details ***
Lessons will be designed around each individual player's needs, but ultimately we will address proper technique, scales to chord relationships, rhythmic accuracy, soloing, and how to have enjoy playing your instrument while sounding the best as possible. For classical players will will focus on classical theory, etudes, patterns, and general technique for proper tone. For jazz players we will dive into the world of improvisation, jazz theory, and standard jazz repertoire. I use many different technique books, as well as solo transcription books for solos. I'm generally laid back in my teaching style, but to progress as a musician one must have a certain level of dedication to practicing and commitment, so I do expect my student's to want to get better and practice accordingly.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Downstairs practice room: PA system, soundproof, books, music stands, amps, guitar, alto sax, tenor sax, chairs, additional seating for parents.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Guitar, Amp, Saxophone, Play a longs, Music stand, and Music Literature
*** Specialties ***
Jazz guitar, General Improvisation, and classical Saxophone
· Saxophone · In home Larry got my daughter playing scales within 45 minutes of picking up her sax. He's very kind and patient.
· Saxophone · In home Larry has been great! Couldnt be happier with the decision to work with him. Have been learning much more each lesson than I thought I would. He really makes an effort to learn your saxophone goals and caters each lesson to them.
· Saxophone · In home Larry is organized and fast paced but his has worked well since we only get to see him once a week. So far my son enjoys working with him.
· Guitar · In home My Grandson Loves taking guitar lessons from Larry although he's only 5 looks forward to it.
· Saxophone · In home Larry takes a great interest in the students goals. He is fun and energetic, but also serious about the progression of skill set. He not only helps our kiddo with technique, but instills the importance of really feeling the music and enjoying the music.
· Saxophone · In home First lesson ever. I'm going to love the saxophone.
· Saxophone · In studio Larry is a great teacher. He knows how to explain and break down things in a way that makes sense. Larry is clearly very knowledgeable about the saxophone and has lots of great resources.