I have been teaching music for over ten years, and my performing experience ranges from solo appearances with orchestras across the country to intimate chamber performances. I have studied under such renowned teachers as Anton Miller, Eugenia Choi, and Gregory Fulkerson, and my pedagogic education includes study under internationally renowned Suzuki educator Teri Einfeldt. I have held music directorships in ID and CT, and my students have won awards for their playing.
I am deeply interested in the ways in which experiencing and making art can act as a transformative power in an individual's life, and, by extension, in broader cultural contexts. I hold two degrees from the prestigious Hartt School of Music, and have experience teaching both children and adults.
· Violin · In studio I think Kylie is very sweet but I am giving a poor review due to (1) small space - which was one windowless non-soundproof room in a music store and (2) receiving two emails just now that she has canceled the next 2 weekends.
· Violin · In studio I've had a great first lesson. Learned a lot from Kylie. She understands me, her student, and like gauges my level and where to start improving my ability to play the violin. Very fun to be with, great sense of humor !
· Violin · In studio I'm very happy to be learning the violin with Kylie. She is highly skilled as a violinist, very engaging as a music instructor, and very compassionate as an educator/person.
She has helped me find a passion and skill for music i did not know i had. I come to every lesson excited to show what i've been practicing, and leave inspired to practice more.
She is also a very interesting person to talk to.
I'd whole-heartedly recommend Kylie as your music teacher! ^_^ Good luck!
· Violin · In studio Kylie is a great teacher, she is really patient and has been wonderful helping me as an adult beginner.
· Violin · In studio Really patient and I'm surprised we did so much in my first lesson!