- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Kristina has been singing, acting, and performing since the age of 4. She studied under the well-known and respected vocal coach, Donna Prypin, on Cape Cod, Massachusetts for at least 11 years. Kristina then went on to study Opera with Don Wilkinson, of the Boston Symphony for 1 year, and with him gained excellent range and breathing techniques. Kristina was then accepted to Berklee College of Music, where she attended for two & a half years studying under some of the world's greatest teachers. She learned extensive Ear Training, Harmony, Jazz Improvisation, Counterpoint, Arranging, Performing, Music Business, Music Therapy, and intense vocal coaching. After college Kristina moved to California where she now has a thriving teaching practice, performance, and touring career.
In 2014 she earned her Sound, Voice, and Music Healing Certificate from The California Institute of Integral Studies, under the mentoring of Grammy Nominated composer/performer, Silvia Nakkach, MA,MMT. She then travelled to India in January of 2014 with Silvia to study Classical India singing/music.
As of September 2016, Kristina recently returned from a two & half month music/bike tour through the United States Pacific Northwest & Canada.
She released her first solo album (September 2008) titled, Mermaid Tattoos and is currently in the process of creating her second album.
Kristina can teach ages 4 ~ 100 and is patient, creative, flexible, enthusiastic, and passionate. Her focus is on helping students attain their goals whether it's to be on stage winning Grammy awards, or just learning to sing and perform for fun. She can help students learn Pop, Country, Jazz, Indie Rock, Classic Rock, Musical Theater, and even their own musical genre. She also teaches beginner guitar, and proper vocal acting/public-speaking skills. In addition, she performs Sound Sessions for clients looking for relaxation & coping techniques, using crystal singing bowls, vocal toning exercises, shrupti box vocal work, and human tuning forks.
*** Lesson Details ***
Kristina is extremely creative, patient, kind, open-minded, passionate, laid-back, but sets excellent and attainable goals with the student, and absolutely loves music. Depending on each individual student, lessons will center around correct vocal breathing, exercises, music theory, songwriting, guitar, acting, and learning different techniques in order to meet personal goals. Each student is taught individually and with their own personal needs as the focus.
*** Studio Equipment ***
I have state of the art microphones, amps, guitars, a keyboard, IPod radio (students can bring them to share music), and of course a computer.
*** Specialties ***
Voice, Beginner Guitar, Vocal Technique, Performance, Range, Improvisation, Music Theory, Songwriting, Sound Sessions for relaxation & coping skills. I specialize in Pop/Rock/Jazz/Blues/Country/Indie Rock, Musical Theater, and New Age genres.
I studied Voice/Music, with a Major in Music Business for 2 years, and 1 semester study of Music Therapy.
· Singing · In home Extremely organized, thoughtful, helpful, and really fast to get into exercises and make progress.
· Speaking Voice · In home Amazing, gifted, talented, and patient teacher!! I'm very happy I had the opportunity to learn and grow from Kristina! =)
· Singing · In studio Awesome experience! Kristina is very friendly + approachable and has allowed me to become more confident in my singing!
· Singing · In home Kristina was very supportive and immediately made me feel comfortable. She clearly demonstrated she knows her stuff and I'm confident we'll be a good team.
· Singing · In studio Kristina is just the best! Such a great teacher and a wonderful person to be around. I've gained a lot of confidence from her encouragement and kind nature and have developed an even stronger love of music and singing! I truly look forward to our lessons!
· Guitar · In studio Great first lesson!
· Vocal Training · In studio Kristina is the very best - so gentle, patient, knowledgeable & supportive - I really love the environment she creates & fosters...BRAVO!
· Singing · In home Super warm, patient and adaptable with little kids so they get a lot out of even the first lesson!
· Vocal Training · In studio Wonderful - very warm, knowledgeable & supportive - LOVE HER! so far, so GREAT!
· Guitar · In home Such a great experience! First lesson, wonderful, I'm energized!