I am a piano, voice, and acting teacher with an MFA in Music Education. I studied acting with Suzanne Shepherd, Larry Silverberg, and Karen Giordano in their private studios in Nee York City. I've had extensive teaching experience, both privately and with public school students from all ages K-12 and adults as well. While my main instruments are piano and voice, I've taught band and strings for many years, so I can help your beginning band students on the basics of any band or string instrument (except percussion-not my forte). I personalize my lessons toward the student to make it fun for them while also expanding into new territories to stretch them and help them grow. You have a fun and patient teacher in me. Together we will work toward your goals in a way that is fun and inspiring. If you would like a time that you don't see on my schedule, feel free to ask. Sometimes I will make an exception.
Taught Pierre Dulaine's program of ballroom dance to 4th and 5th grade public school children.
Taught grades K-12 in various subjects; band, strings, choir, theater, musical theater, ballroom dance
7th and 8th grade band and strings
Taught band and strings to 7th and 8th graders. Put on performances, traveled to London and Scotland with a group of honors musicians and played in the London New Year's Day parade two different years.
Taught Band and General Music to 4th and 5th graders.
· Piano · In home Krista taught our 7-8 year old an intro to piano. She taught our daughter very well and she quickly picked up piano and built her love of music. Her style was firm but fun which was perfect for our independent minded squirmy musical kid. She also gave some singing lessons for a choir audition (which was successful). We miss Krista and would gladly hire her again if she lived closer!
· Classical Piano · In home Krista is s an extremely dedicated piano teacher. My daughters felt comfortable with her and learned so much music and music theory over the last three years.
· Vocal Training · In studio I took vocal lessons with Krista for several years and would highly recommend her. She was always encouraging and I found myself quickly improving with her guidance. Krista has a wide repertoire and gave great suggestions for finding new audition pieces that fit my personality and voice. Krista not only improved my vocal technique, but my confidence and public speaking skills as well. She has my highest recommendation!
· Music Performance · In studio I have known Miss. G since I was 12 yrs old (7th gtade). She was my Orchestra teacher, there I learned Violin, Double Base and some Piano. Now keep in mind I was only 12 and learned and advanced to the top in one year of having her. There I learned much more than just how to play an instrument. There I learned how to present myself as a young artist, read two differnet celfs or "keys" of music, time management and how to teach others. I have taken any and every piece of advise from this women! Even now, at the age of 25. We are still in great communication and I have grown to truly respect Miss. Giffin for all the time and effort to help me. Take it from me, she is great at what she does and even better at learning/teaching new things. I would put 100 satrs if I could!
· Speaking Voice · In home Krista actually worked with both my boys on voice and piano. She was great and engaging with them. She accommodated the different styles and personality of each child to maximize their potential. I would highly recommend Krista.
· Classical Piano · In home Krista taught both of my young daughters (9 and 12) piano for several years in our home. She also worked with my older daughter to practice signing and prepare for a talent showcase. Krista always had a great attitude, warm smile and worked with the kids on classical music as well as pieces of their choosing that they could relate to. She was on time, a good communicator and a very methodical teacher following the Suzuki method with my kids. We miss her so much!!