- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Young multilingual (English, Cantonese, and Mandarin) piano and violin teacher who combines the formal traditional Eastern style of teaching, and the fun approach of Western style of teaching into his music lessons.
Fun lessons but also challenging
- I believes that fun lessons are easy to gain young student interest, but it often lack to give them motivation. In the lessons, I often challenge my students, let them be self-motivated and become a better musician.
- I focus lessons on teaching proper techniques with their instruments. With my experiences in taking lessons from American, Chinese, and Russian teachers, I learnt a great spectrum of techniques and like to teach what I had learn.
Learning pieces and other related topics
- Playing pieces and songs is only a small piece of playing an instrument. In lessons, I also teaches proper music theory, and ear-training.
I haves students from age 4 to retirement age. Early beginner to preparing for college audition.
- Teaches students:
- Ages 3+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
I was born in Hong Kong, China. I have been studying music with a dual focus on piano, and violin since the age of 8. I Graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Music with a primary focus on piano performance from Arizona State University. I also hold a violin performance diploma from Trinity College London since the age of 16. I am an experienced teacher with past studios of up to 50 students from all age ranges. Classically trained and capable of teaching a wide range of musical styles.
Winner of numerous awards in the Hong Kong Schools Music Festival competition in both violin and piano. A member of several symphonies, Arizona State University Symphony, Arizona State University Lyrical Opera, Arizona State University Philharmonia, and University of Washington Symphony Orchestra. Panel judge for the 2018 Arizona State Music Teacher's Association - Arizona Study Program certification exams.