I have been studying music for most of my life and began teaching when I was 16. I have been given the opportunity to learn from some of the best musicians and teachers around. Before relocating to Denver, I regularly gave performances throughout the Cincinnati area, as well as in surrounding states. I earned a bachelors of music in guitar performance at The College-Conservatory of Music in Cincinnati. While studying there I was able to meet musicians with different approaches to music and broaden my perspective on the way that I played and taught. Since moving to Denver, I have begun graduate studies at the Lamont School of Music.
I have taught students of all ages and skill levels and have been able to watch my students meet goals of all sorts in their lessons. One of the studios that I teach at was also recognized in the category of "Best Music Instruction" by Cincy Magazine.
If you have never picked up an instrument before, I would love to introduce you to the basics of music as well as the guitar. If you have played some guitar, or another instrument, and are looking to hone your skills and maximize your potential, it would be my pleasure to help you along that track.
· Ukulele · In studio Very good experience with Kirk! He was knowledgeable and patient, and I could tell he really enjoys teaching.
· Ukulele · In studio Kirk was very patient, knowledgeable, and encouraging as he taught me to play a special song on the ukulele for my husband to be. Highly recommend!
· Guitar · Online
· Ukulele · In home Very patient with my 7 year old daughter. Thank you!
· Guitar · Online Kirk was patient and explained how to better hold the guitar to improve guitar playing on the first lesson.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Super knowledgable and patient!
· Guitar · Online Each week I am learning techniques from Kirk to correct poor habits I developed while learning without a teacher.
· Classical Guitar · Online Our children have completed about a month with Kirk on classical guitar, and we are very happy at their progress. They both look forward to their classes, which in and of itself says it all about the teacher. We're very happy to continue the journey and instill a life long love of music to them. Parents posting on behalf of the kids.
· Ukulele · Online I am a total beginner. No musical knowledge at all. Kirk is very patient, and is willing to explain things in detail.
· Guitar · In studio Kirk is excellent...I can't emphasize that enough. My daughter is 11 and he is beyond patient with her. He teaches by guiding her and letting her find her own answer. She really likes writing songs so he's supported that in his lessons by using what she comes up with during the week in between for the next lesson, weaving it into what he's teaching her for the day. I also really appreciate how he works on form with her, which is key to being a good guitarist and again it is through example, guiding her , and explaining things in ways that make sense to her. He has a very calm and relaxed demeanor. Also he's in a master's program for music, guitar concentration, so he really knows all aspects of it. I am taking classic guitar lessons once I can afford it. Kirk is one of the best teachers I've worked with and I recommend him for anyone. Thanks, Kirk!