- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Kimberly was born and raised in Tucson, Arizona. After starting the flute and piano at the age of 8, she knew she had found something she loved and wanted in her life forever. At age 12, she added the saxophone and clarinet to her repertoire of instruments. After completing her Bachelors degree in Flute Performance at the University of Arizona she moved to Los Angeles to work on her Masters degree at California Institute of the Arts (CalArts). There was where she fell in love with contemporary music and has devoted her life to sharing her love for it with others. After completing her Masters degree in Flute Performance at CalArts, she went on to pursue a Doctorate in Contemporary Flute Performance at the University of California, San Diego. Kimberly now resides in Los Angeles and plays with many groups throughout the city.
*** Lesson Details ***
All lessons are tailored to the students needs and goals. I like for all students to have serious music/etudes to work on as well as something fun that you enjoy playing. I teach everything from classical to pop music, beginner to advanced, age 4 to 99. Whatever your goals are, I can help you achieve them!
*** Studio Equipment ***
Music stand and chair
*** Travel Equipment ***
I provide nothing, students must have instrument, books and music stand.
*** Specialties ***
Contemporary flute techniques and performance.
Early childhood music and movement for young children.
teaching early childhood music and movement classes in schools (Preschool through Elementary school)
teaching private lessons:
flute - all levels (beginning to advanced)
saxophone - all levels (beginning to advanced)
clarinet - beginning to intermediate level
piano - beginning to intermediate level
teaching early childhood music and movement classes to children age 0-7
Teaching the ColorSoundation method to children age 3-7
flute teacher for elementary school bands
The American Orff-Schulwerk Association is a professional organization of educators dedicated to the creative music and movement approach developed by Carl Orff and Gunild Keetman. Our Mission is: to demonstrate the value of Orff Schulwerk and promote its widespread use; to support the professional development of our members; and, to inspire and advocate for the creative potential of all learners.
The non-profit Early Childhood Music & Movement Association (ECMMA) believes appropriate, purposeful music and movement experiences enhance early childhood development and seeks to support early childhood music and movement practitioners by providing resources, advocacy, professional development, and collaboration opportunities.
The National Flute Association, founded in 1972, is the largest flute organization in the world. Approximately 5,000 members from more than 50 countries join together in person, online, at conventions, informally and in forums, through publications and classrooms, in performance, in friendship and collegiality. Guided by its goals to encourage a higher standard of artistic excellence for the flute, its performers, and its literature, members include leading soloists, orchestral players, jazz and world music performers, teachers, adult amateurs, and students of all ages.
· Saxophone · Online Very patient and very nice! thank you!
· Saxophone · Online The online lessons are going better than I expected. Kimberly has established a great relationship with my daughter and my daughter is already making improvements.
· Saxophone · Online
· Flute · Online Kim is really good with new students, like me.
· Flute · Online We're making progress. Kim is very patient.
· Flute · Online My first lesson went great. Kim made me feel very comfortable and excited about learning.
· Flute · Online Excellent. My daughter loved her!
· Flute · In home We've had 3 lessons so far with our 10yrs old with no experience with flute. Kim is amazing in all restrospect. We initially intended to just try out a few lessons. But we are continuing. We highly recommend her.
· Flute · In studio She was so friendly and sweet and awesome teacher!
· Flute · In home You cannot ask for a more knowledgable and encouraging flute instructor. My daughter left the first lesson feeling confident and inspired.