- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Kevin T. is a music professor at MUM, Vice president of the San Diego Songwriters guild, and CEO of Songwriting Planet. He is an instructor of guitar, bass, voice, piano, songwriting, composition, orchestration, jazz arranging, music theory, ear training, production and engineering, and music business and career development. He graduated from Musicians Institute with a performance certificate, received his BA degree with honors from Berklee College of Music with a dual major in Songwriting and Performance, and received his Masters degree in Music Composition from the University of Miami's Frost School of Music.
Kevin has written and performed myriad and diverse styles of music which include everything from jazz, rock, funk, country, blues, fusion, R&B, and classical, to world music and avant-garde. Kevin has recorded CDs and has been the songwriter, arranger, and bandleader for several original music groups. Stress Factor Zero combines rock with funk and jazz. Cloud Ex is an acoustic group combining Afro Cuban and Peruvian percussion with folk rock songs. His most recent band Stratosphere is a modern rock and funk band for artistic rockers and visionaries. They blend diverse styles of rock music with a fiery blaze of Latin percussion, sensuous saxophones, and poetic melodies with a message. Their first CD received radio airplay on over forty stations across the U.S. and Canada, and they are currently working on their third CD. Stratosphere performs throughout Southern California and is currently setting up several short tours in various cities across the U.S., Europe, and South America.
*** Lesson Details ***
Well structured lesson plan covering all aspects of music, specifically designed to help you reach your individual goals.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Acoustic piano, full keyboard, 4 guitars, bass, amps, microphones, Pro Tools recording equipment, and seating for parents
*** Styles ***
Rock, funk, jazz, country, blues, fusion, folk, R&B, and classical
Specializing as a Songwriting and Music Composition teacher
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Guitar · In home Kevin was calm and patient and clearly knows how to teach children. We were very pleased with our first lesson and are excited to continue learning the guitar with Kevin.
· Guitar · Online Kevin is one of the best teachers I have ever encountered - not just musically either. As an educator myself I acknowledge that is takes a very special person to convey "complex" material to another in a way that is digestible, relate-able, and fun. And Kevin does just that. Honestly, I can't think of a better music teacher than him. Thank you!!
· Bass Guitar · In studio Very excellent teacher! Funny and clever
· Piano · In studio This was our first lesson and first impression is that he was very patient with our boys. Our boys have some special needs and he was understanding and accommodating. It's clear he is very knowledgable about the instrument. Time will tell if his teaching style and personality will work for us in the long run.
· Guitar · In studio I have been taking lessons with Kevin for a few months now and i look forward to our bi weekly sessions. Kevin has a vast amount of musical knowledge and is easy to talk to and work with, he is understanding of skills and weaknesses and will benefit any student who wants to learn.
· Guitar · In studio I played clarinet for ten years. I wanted to find a teacher who really knows how to focus on a student's goals and weaknesses. Kevin has provided me with weekly lessons that I can take home and make trues progress in picking, timing, reading, fingering, and listening, Kevin is a true professional.
· Guitar · Learning a lot!
Kevin is a very knowledgeable, dedicated, patient, flexible, and professional instructor. He is very observant about when to push me to practice more and when to just allow me space to absorb what I've just been taught. And occasionally when I get a little frustrated with my guitar and progress is particularly slow for me we sometimes switch to vocal coaching.
Plus I have an incredibly busy work schedule and Kevin has always been very willing to adjust my lesson time as necessary.
· Singing · Great Voice Lessons
I've been trying for a while to get to the level where I can confidently sing, knowing that I am doing the best my voice can attain. Kevin is helping me pull through my bad habits, and re-enforcing the proper technique without drowning out my personal style.
Really helpful! Thanks, Kevin!!
· Songwriting · Creative Music Writing
Kevin taught me how to write lyrics with imagery and to put the chords and inversions behind those lyrics to create pop masterpieces!
· · Patient, easy to follow
even though we only had 2 lessons with kevin, he was very helpful and we gained knowledge through his teaching.