School is important, but MUSIC is importanter. Learning to practice and love it is one of the most useful skills anybody can ask for in any field. I wholeheartedly believe that anyone that puts in honest practice and exploration will find a way around an instrument. For the last 20 years I have been teaching privately, in the public, private and charter schools, and have been writing and playing professionally. Some of my best students have pursued music as a career and some are engineers or housewives or something else, but playing music is something they all hold close to their hearts.
Professional educator certification
· Music Theory · In studio I had the pleasure of being Mr. Muncy's student during my high school years. I started as a beginner in my sophomore year having never taken a music lesson. I took this course simply to fulfill an arts requirement, but his infectious passion for music and teaching inspired in me a deeper interest in the subject. His patience, unique teaching style, and ability to communicate complicated musical concepts equipped me with the capability to pursue music more seriously. After graduating from his music program, I joined the symphony band at my university, held various steady professional gigs and formed my own groups for performing at charity events. Three years of lessons with Mr. Muncy, and some dedication on my end, allowed me to surpass my own expectations in music. I continue to play while pursuing a career as a Physician Assistant and feel privileged to have Mr. Muncy as a mentor. His lessons not only allowed me to pursue my passion for music, but have taught me life skills that have also molded me as a clinician. If you are looking to take music lessons, I highly recommend Mr. Kevin Muncy.
· Music Theory · In studio Kevin was an excellent teacher when I had him many moons ago - I can only imagine that he has improved since then. I was a beginner, learning the bass. That isn't Kevin's primary instrument, but he was knowledgeable enough to help me lay much of the foundation for the all that I know in bass playing today. He helped inform my music history knowledge, appreciation and pointed me to some great artists, books (esp. Free Play), and people to learn from. Perhaps more importantly, he really helped stimulate my growth and development within music and within life itself. I credit a good part of who I am and my success today to the tutelage and teaching of Kevin.
· Music Theory · In studio Best instructor I've ever had. He makes learning easy and inspires you to practice and try your best. If you like playing music, he will make you love it!
· Clarinet · In studio Muncy was my director for a year and I can honestly say he's the best teacher I've ever had. He's very knowledgable in music but he also knows how to motivate you and push you beyond imaginable levels. Muncy is a wonderful musician and an awesome teacher, anyone who studies under him will see that and learn a lot from him.
· Saxophone · In studio Kevin is a very talented musician and a wonderful teacher. He is patient with his students and explains the subject very well. He will not just sit back and tell you what to play. He will actually play it with you and give you great techniques to improve your playing. He is an active musician in South Florida so you can catch him in action almost every weekend. I highly recommend Kevin Muncy as a music instructor.
· Saxophone · In studio Expert at his instrument and a gifted teacher. Kevin gave thorough and concise lessons that helped improve my playing from the first lesson. He helped me to understand not just the physical aspects of playing but also the thought processes and ideas that need to inform the total story.
· Saxophone · In studio Always given me the best advice and techniques I've been able to use always.
· Saxophone · In studio Kevin Muncy is a fantastic mentor. He's taught me the following invaluable lesson: there is no excellence without discipline. In addition to the vast knowledge in saxophone (Muncy is an actually gigging musician, meaning he is experienced, which sets him apart from other teachers who don't play professionally) and music theory he's shared, he has over time (I was a stubborn student) taught me that it's not enough to wait to be told to practice. He encourages curiosity and fosters introspection. He is incredibly thoughtful, and one of the most influential teachers I've ever had the privilege of having.
I highly recommended Kevin Muncy as a teacher of music and life by extension.
· Saxophone · In studio Kevin is an amazing saxophone instructor. He will help you learn fast and efficiently at any level. As a band director, I highly recommend him!