- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have a deep love for singing and performing. I began singing with my family at the age of 3 and was performing in public beginning at age 4. In 1988, I was introduced to barbershop a capella style harmonies and began singing with my sisters in a quartet. In 2003, I graduated from Weber State University with a Bachelors of Music, choral education emphasis, and French minor.
After graduation, I had the unique opportunity to become a member of the world-renowned Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I sang on numerous recordings, in addition to performing on the weekly radio and television broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word.
In 2013, I became a member of Sweet Adelines International and currently sing with The Woodlands Show Chorus. I recently wrote an article published in the April 2016 Sweet Adelines International magazine, The PitchPipe, entitled What Makes Warm-Ups So Important. I continue to sing barbershop and compete along with my sisters. We are currently ranked 7th place in the Region.
I love all styles of music, from barbershop to pop to classical. My students also have varying interests in music. In my lessons, you select the music you want to improve on.
During our first lesson, I will have you sing through some music exercises to determine your current range and abilities. My motto is: "It doesn't matter where you start as long as you are improving!" Then you will be asked to sing a piece of a song. We will also discuss your goals and motivations. I am here for you! I want you to see growth immediately, so we will mold each lesson to the skills and techniques you need.
Students will receive a free transcription of vocal warm-ups and exercises for developing sight-reading, if this is a desired goal.
Lead is the melody line in barbershop a capella music. It requires finesse, artistry and emotion. Since becoming a lead in 2014, I have improved my breath capacity for long held notes. It can be done!
In 2015, I began teaching voice in TX. Prior to moving, I taught voice in California and before that I was in Utah teaching private voice and choral education at Bonneville Junior High in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Baritone is the hardest part to hear, since the harmonies are so closely entwined with the lead and bass. This helped improve my ear training and love for harmonies!
The mission of the Texas Music Teachers Association (TMTA), an affiliate of Music Teachers National Association, is to advance the value of music study and music making in society and to support the professionalism of music teachers.
TMTA is a nonprofit educational organization. Founded in 1886, it is dedicated to the promotion of high quality individual and group music instruction. Its membership includes over two thousand teachers in sixty-five local organizations. All activities of the association are educational and promote the art of music.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
· Singing · In studio I just had my first lesson today with Keturah. She is great! Can't wait to go back and keep on learning more each week.
· Singing · In studio Very good and I enjoyed my class.
· Singing · In studio Keturah is an INCREDIBLE vocal teacher! She knows how to analyze your vocal technique right away. She teaches you how to breathe throughout your whole body.
I still can't believe how far she has taken me, vocally. You even have a chance to work with her on your own songs!!!
Keturah is the way to go!!!!
· Singing · In studio I took lessons with instructor Keturah for a couple months. Unfortunately , I couldn't continue due to unforeseen circumstances. Even though it was a short period of time, I can honestly say that she is an amazing instructor. I learned quite a bit . She is very organized, knowledgeable, punctual, and fun!! Her methods are very clear and simple to understand. She gives you 110% each lesson. She clearly listens to what you would like to achieve and focuses around that. I'm hoping to take classes with her once again in the near future. Thank you so much !!
· Singing · In studio Great teacher, great sense of humor, really knows how to fine tune the lesson to your needs!
· Vocal Training · In studio Great instructor. I've improved so much since I started taking lessons with Keturah. She really cares about her students and has the ability to help anyone reach their goals.
· Singing · In home Ms. Keturah teaches my 10 year old daughter. My daughter loves going to see her and is learning a lot. She has also helped my daughter with confidence.
· Singing · In studio Excellent. My daughter has had a blast and is increasing her understanding of music.
· Singing · In studio I was preparing a piece for an audition and Keturah was able to help my technique improve greatly in the spots that I wasn't satisfied with. What I appreciate most about her skill and teaching style is how she is great versatility in adapting to the vocal learning styles of her students. She helped to really bring out my individual vocal qualities.
· Singing · In studio My daughter loves taking lessons with Keturah!!
She's learned so many things in just a few short months. Keturah is patient and has a great teaching strategy for younger kids.