Kelly teaches: Ages 4 and up
Teaching since: October 2004
Last sign in: More than two months
I specialize in traditional and nontraditional methods.
· Piano · In home Kelly is warm, friendly and has excellent rapport with my 7 year old son. He is motivated to practice and enjoys his lessons, and he is learning a lot! We tried quite a few teachers and were most impressed with Kelly. We're so happy to have her teaching our son.
· Piano · In home Kelly is punctual, fun and easy to work with. She gives easy to manage homework assignments that keep the momentum moving.
· Piano · In home At 37 years old I decided I wanted my life long dream of learning to play piano to become a reality. I met Kelly and I immediately liked her. The first classes were not easy: my hands could not find any key, the notes seemed all sound at the wrong moment! But with her patience, her good humor, her experience in teaching adults...It all fell into place after just a few sessions.
She is professional, serious, demanding but flexible, respectful of the busy life of the student.
I would definitively recommend her if you are looking into learning or improving you piano skills.
· Piano · In home Kelly was a very serious, yet fun teacher for our 6 year old son. He enjoyed his lessons with her and they did some really fun improvisations together. She is a wonderful teacher.
· Piano · In studio While Kelly was my teacher at The Brooklyn Conservatory of Music; I felt as if I had a good friend as well as an excellent teacher. She seemed to take my wanting to learn to play piano seriously. Without my telling her; she picked a song titled, "It Is Well With My Soul", for me to learn to play and sing at the same time. It is one of my favorite songs and it was my first try at doing that. Mrs. Powers did not just give me songs to learn in order to be in a recital. She really helped me understand the piano and music theory. We got through some good class sections; even on that spooky fifth floor!
· Piano · In home Kelly is a friendly, knowledgeable teacher who has a very natural, comfortable way with my 7 year old son. He responds to her and is excited about practicing. We've been having lessons for just a few months and he's really learning a lot. I highly recommend Kelly, especially for younger children..
· Piano · In home Kelly is a great instructor. She has a professional approach and is very knowledgeable and my 9 year old daughter is fond of her. Kelly is patient, flexible yet fun and my daughter looks forward to her weekly piano lessons. I highly recommend Kelly as a piano instructor.
· Piano · In home My husband and I feel incredibly lucky to have met Kelly. She is not only an amazing teacher but overall she is such a patient kind hearted person who has been a blessing for us all while giving in home piano lessons to our twin 5 year old boys. Kelly has helped instil a respect and appreciation of music while encouraging both of our boys to play. She is very thourough and always keeps us aware of the progress.
Both of my kids run to the piano and practice all on their own, this for me is priceless! and it's all thanks to Kelly.
· Piano · In home Kelly taught my 4 and 5 year old girls piano in our home. From the moment we met her, she was kind, patient, ALWAYS had a smile, and my girls adored her. I was nervous they'd lose interest quickly, but Kelly always made it fun, made them feel comfortable, and had a calm, soothing personality. We were so sad when she moved away! She is an excellent teacher and a warm, genuine person.
· Piano · In home We loved having Kelly as our daughter's piano teacher. Sophie was always engaged, looking forward to her lessons with Kelly. i highly recommend Kelly!