- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Kelly Ann is a California Native who recently moved to NYC to teach and establish her career. She has worked as a vocal and singing coach as well as acting coach for the last 5 years in California working with ages 4-50. She is also a voice teacher, acting teacher, and theatre director at an internationally known youth theatre and loves to teach kids. She believes that the foundation of all singing is opera and she uses a classical singing approach to teach her students many different genres. Musical theatre and classical are her specialties, although she has taught pop and jazz as well. She is trained in vocal health and puts a huge emphasis on taking care of your voice and keeping it strong and healthy. She will teach beginning, intermediate or advanced students! New students are welcome! :)
International Youth Theatre Company working with ages 4-18. Voice teacher as well as musical director for shows.
· Singing · In home My 7-year old daughter has had three lessons with Kelly so far and we are very happy and will continue having more. Kelly is a real professional and is great with kids. She has already helped my daughter hear the difference of being on and off pitch. My daughter feels really proud and has been sharing what she learns from Kelly with her whole second grade class. I highly recommend Kelly!
· Musical Theater · In home Kelly was the best voice teacher a girl could ask for! She was not just my voice teacher but more like a friend. She always new what songs to choose and I always loved them. She is so sweet and nice but at the same time knows how to get the job done. She will always be my favorite voice teacher and will always be. She is so sweet and nice and will always hold a special place in my heart.
· Vocal Training · In studio I have had numerous vocal instructors in my life. Yet none have been like Kelly Dunn. Not only was I able to choose what genre of music I would like to work on, and put in input on what songs or pieces I wanted to improve on, but she also pushed me to do my best and grow. First working with Kelly I focused on the musical theatre genre, yet as time when on, I was able to work on opera pieces and even jazz also. She pushed me out of my comfort zone allowing me to grow and expand my own potential. Not only did she coach me on specific songs but also aided me in learning to read music, and taught me techniques I hadn't known before. Not only is she talented and able to teach well, but she is very kind and extremely patient, and willing to walk step by step with you, using different teaching techniques and tips to better aid you. First starting lessons, I did not know her well, and was even nervous, but she made me feel comfortable right away, and now even years later I call her and ask her questions on my latest audition or voice techniques. She is by far the best instructor I have ever had, and has helped me grow more than I thought was possible. I would highly recommend Kelly Dunn as vocal instructor and coach, as she has taught me more than I could have hoped.
· Musical Theater · In studio Kelly is a great instructor with energy that never ends! In every lesson I took with her, she focused all of her positive energy on me and improving my skills in a professional, tactful way. She has a way of explaining techniques that is just easy to understand and implement, allowing your learning experience to be fun, useful, and healthy for your voice. Kelly is a great match for anyone looking for a bright, amiable, talented, and professional instructor!
· Musical Theater · In studio I have worked with Kelly Dunn for a few years now, and she i sone of the most dedicated people I have ever met. She always makes her students and co-workers feel so comfortable, and capable. Her humble attitude and persistent chase of precision make her such a great teacher. I highly reccomend!
· Audition Prep · Online Fabulous! So talented!!!
· Singing · In studio Kelly has such a great way of bringing out the best in each of her students. I personally can say that with simply one or two lessons I saw growth in ways I felt were nearly impossible. She also encourages and lifts up each of her students. I would highly recommend if you want a voice coach who not only is interested in vocal growth and health, but also in you as a person.
· Theater Acting · In studio Kelly brings West Coast tranquility to New York City. She is a passionate teacher and devoted to producing the best results from her students. She doesn't have the rat race mentality, like most in the Big Apple, and isn't afraid to take her time growing and developing, both as an artist and teacher. As her mentor/director, I saw how eager Kelly was in learning and striving towards bettering herself. She's a thinker and a doer; a beautiful soul.
· Vocal Training · In studio Kelly has helped me improve so much as a singer and performer while also creating a tight bond with me. In lessons she knew how to push me and bring my best out. I am so thankful for taking lessons with her and also getting to know her as a wonderful person.
· Musical Theater · In studio Kelly was absolutely phenomal as a vocal coach. I came to her as a beginner and grew exponentially through the year I worked with her. She has a kind and true heart and gives her all to her students.