- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Keith is a seasoned world class drummer, a 3 Time Grammy Award winner as well as an Emmy award winning media producer; with a high degree of artistic and technical experience. He has over forty four years on-stage experience performing, developing and managing international artists. He has performed on stage and worked with world famous groups such as Starland Vocal Band, Billy Idol, Bob Seger, John Mayall, The Ventures, Buffalo Springfield Revisited (including Steve Stills and Neil Young), and many more!! Go to Keith's picture area to see pics of Keith with famous friends such as Van Halen!!
*** Lesson Details ***
You will learn to read drum music and/or write and play drum parts. You will learn snare drum technique and drum set skills. I have experience in the MUSIC BUSINESS, so students will learn not only about the MUSIC, but also about the BUSINESS should they have professional career related questions.
I also teach Studio session recording drumming techniques should you wish to become a top session recording drummer !!!
I have been around the world working with MAJOR famous recording artists touring out of Washington, DC and Los Angeles.
I teach 1/2 hour lessons and/or 1 hour lessons.
During each lesson, I give you plenty of material to practice over a weeks time. WE WILL HAVE FUN.
Not many teachers in this area have my experience nor credentials. I love the drums more than anything and my enthusiasm should be evident during our lessons. Several of my students have gone on to major music colleges such as Berklee. One of my students is currently touring and working with Linkin Park. Another student is currently touring with Fall Out Boy.
When you take lessons from me, you will develop the skills to play in your school band with confidence, start your own band, or play at an advanced professional level.
I am great with young children as well as students of all ages. Additionally, I have experience with students requiring special needs.
I have all the patience in the world, remember, I was in your shoes years ago when I had a dream of learning how to play the drums !!!!
HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON !!!
*** Studio Equipment ***
Large, private studio with all the equipment you will need to absorb the "pearls of wisdom" I will give you during your private one-on-one private lesson. Comfortable waiting room outside studio. Drum set, practice pad set, PA for playing any song you wish to learn loud enough so you can hear it over the studio drums.
*** Specialties ***
Drum set technique, snare drum technique, reading studies. Rock, Country, Jazz, symphonic, marching band etc., Studio session recording drumming techniques.
I teach both the MUSIC and the BUSINESS, for the aspiring or current professional.
I have taught drum set and snare technique for over 25 years. The majority of students study with me for years. Several of my students have gone on to major music schools such as Berklee College of Music and several are working with major recording acts such as Linkin Park, Adam Lambert, Fall Out Boy, Paul McCartney and others.
Over 45 years Experience with World Class Musicians and Production Facilities
Award presented by George HW Bush for creation of The Magic Mall
a global community of music educators who are committed to inspiring the next generation of lifelong musicians. Our program provides music teachers with access to resources and other tools to help support their role in education. The Education Collective will grow to include opportunities to network with other teachers, share your knowledge and content, and attend special educational events. Our goal is to support those that support the future of music.
Education is a priority at Sabian. Not only do we support hundreds of clinics around the globe each year, we also support education in schools, provide funding for scholarships and are actively involved as sponsors with collegiate ensembles and drum corps.
Professional Drum Teachers Guild’s Mission Statement: To provide a resource for serious drum educators to share, nurture, and be held accountable to a higher standard while also educating the public on what qualities to look for when choosing a drum educator.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Drum · In studio Great teacher, great person.
· Drum · In studio Fun! Cool dude with great attitude.
· Drum · In studio Keith is fantastic!
· Drum · In studio I always enjoy my drumming lessons with Keith. Aside from being an all around kindhearted and fun individual, he is an extremely knowledgeable, experienced and patient instructor. He has the rare ability to distill his knowledge and experience, and then convey it to the student in a way that is understandable so that the student is able to apply it. As a result, improvement is fast and fun in the process. Additionally, as an adult beginner, time for practice as well as instruction comes at a premium, thereby making his effective teaching style even more valuable. Thanks Keith.
· Drum · In studio I'm an "older" student who picked up the drums again after a many-years absence. Keith made my reintroduction awesome. He's a very talented musician who brings a passion and enthusiasm to the drums and his students. I always looked forward to my weekly lessons with him both because I was eager to learn new techniques, beats, etc. but also because I got a change to hang with Keith for 30 minutes and "talk drums." No matter your skill level, I highly recommend Keith to help guide you on your drumming journey.
· Drum · In studio Keith is a great teacher for my 10 year old son! He's experienced, very talented, and extremely patient. And he knows how to communicate and get through to my son (which I know can be a challenge). We've really enjoyed the lessons!
· Drum · In studio My son is 9 and has been playing for over four years. Keith has done a great job pointing out some fundamental flaws in his technique that would have plagued my son for years. It's been an invaluable experience to work with a teacher that is so good with kids and has a lifetime of knowledge of professional drumming. The stories about the old "rock days" keep it entertaining.
· Drum · In home I am an older person starting to learn the drums. Keith has been VERY patient with me and encouraging. He has made the technique and the learning fun.
· Drum · In studio 3 months ago our 7 year old daughter decided she wanted to learn how to play the drums, so naturally we (I mean my husband..lol) bought her an electric drum set (early Christmas present). However at this time she had never played and knew nothing about reading music. Fortunately we found Keith online and it has been an amazing experience. Keith was patient and made learning to play and read music fun. My daughter learned so much and more importantly looked forward to her lessons each week. Unfortunately due to military orders we had to leave the area otherwise we would have stayed with Keith as her teach for a very long time.
· Drum · In studio Keith is absolutely fantastic. My son began lessons with him when he turned nine and Keith has made the whole learning music process extremely enjoyable for him. Always full of encouragement, patience, and enthusiasm, the lessons show how much Keith loves music and the drums and how much he invests in each student, getting to know them as people more than just as drum students. We thought we might have to try a few teachers out before settling on someone but after one or two lessons, we knew we would be thrilled to have Keith teach our son for years to come.