I love everything about teaching! I love music; it is my life. I sleep, breathe and dream music. I am a Columbia University Chicago graduate; I graduated with a degree in Music with a concentration in Classical Voice. I have performed in numerous operas and musicals, as well as, sung on Gospel Cruises all around the world. In my eyes, the student is the main focus so whatever issues, concerns or request the student may have I will treat them with priority. I am all about strengthening the natural born talent and making my students the best vocalist they can be. I'm here to serve the students and that is what I will do until they are confident in their gift...music.
*** Lesson Details ***
I take music very seriously but at the same time I like my lessons to be fun and a joyous experience. I am very patient and helpful with any struggles that may seem too hard to the student. I will start my students off with the basic vocal warm ups and then move on to material that they would like to cover and if so the student doesn't have material to cover, I will present them with material. Being a singer is not easy at all, so I will challenge my students by giving exercises that challenge them to sing for proficient. I will also bring in material that is brand new and ask the students questions about the piece. The student is in the lesson to learn everything about music, so any type of material that I feel will benefit them and help them move closer to their goal, I will definitely present to them. After 3 to 6 months students will be able to sing in the 3 minor keys and the major key. The student will also have knowledge and know how to sing at least 3 different modes. The singer will know how to read basic sheet music and perform it with solfege. The singer will also have 4 songs of my choice or their choice mastered and ready to perform in front of an audience. Lastly, the singer will have knowledge of proper breath control while performing, usage of a microphone, and intonation.
*** Studio Equipment ***
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in classical, gospel and R and B singing.
· Singing · In studio Keanon is a GREAT teacher/artist/musician/mentor
I've been working with Keanon for almost a year now. Aside from being an amazing vocalist himself, he does everything he can to help students reach their full potential and find their voice. He makes lessons fun while constantly keeping you challenged. There's always encouragement from him to strive to be better, which can really bring the best out of singers. Whether you're simply singing for hobby, performing for shows/auditions, or ready to record, Keanon has something to offer to any aspiring musician. He has a passion and love for music and understands it's a gift that must be shared with the world.
· Music Performance · In studio Keanon did a great job with catering to each singer's style in the group workshop. He is highly knowledgeable about singing and gives great pointers to make your song sound better. I highly recommend a vocal session with him if you plan singing for an audition, a performance, or if you just want to sing for fun!
· Music Performance · In studio Keanon is a great instructor and performer and is extremely versed in his field. He also has a great personality and is a pleasure to work with.
· Broadway Singing · In studio Both my kids were preparing for auditions and had to sing a prepared piece. Keanon helped them put a fresh spin on an old classic. Not only did they improve their vocal technique, but they leaned musical phrasing that helped them make their solos stand out! Both kids leaned new ways to sing the standards. Thor vocals became stronger and more open. They were very pleased with the results.
· Singing · Singing Made Fun
Keanon knows his stuff. He knows how to challenge you to expand your range and he knows how to listen. He explains pertinent facts about singing and gives examples of what he expects, but he also lets you learn at your own pace. He is an excellent teacher. Now I just have to remember to breathe.
· · Keanon has been a great teacher, encouraging me and urging me to challenge myself, while creating a comfortable environment where I feel can take on those challenges.
· · AMAZING
Keanon is GREAT with children . My daughter is 8 yrs old and has been taking lessons with him approximately 5 weeks. She ABSOLUTELY loves it and cannot wait til the next lesson . He has patience , technique , a beautiful voice, offers words of encouragment and constructive criticism. We have along way to go & Im sure by the end of our journey together, I Will b rating him 5 stars. :D
· · I was looking for a teacher like him.
Keanon is very, very VERY determined to make sure that you sound your best. Even when you get frustrated he encourages you at your lowest moment. I love working with him and I highly recommend him. If you're looking for a teacher who's patient and encouraging, this is the guy for you.
· · Feedback for Keanon K.
Let me first start out saying where have Keanon been for the last 10 years of my life! Studying voice lessons with Keanon has been nothing short of remarkable. He removes all fear, anxiety and unconmplicates the complicated with music. He makes you think and encourages you to become the best. Its a saying when the student is ready the teacher will appear. Well its true!!!
· · Knowledgeable Voice Instructor
Keanon is very knowledgeable and patient. He works well with children. I recommend him highly.