- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Greetings, my name is Kay Sparling. I have been singing and acting professionally since the age of 8. I started in Broadway Musicals and am presently an Opera and Sacred singer. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Music Education and a Masters in Voice Performance. I have taught private voice lessons in New York City and southeast Wisconsin. My students vary in age from upper elementary to adult professional singers. These students are performing in schools, community theatres, professional dinner theatres, and professional stages in WI, Las Vegas, New York and L.A. The vocal technique I teach is unique and gives fast results. I love singing and helping other singers and actors reach their goals!
Teach private lessons Grades 9-12. This department sends musical theatre students to the International Thespian Festival every year.
Teach voice and acting for Musical Theatre, Opera, and Pop.
Vocal directed and conducted three musicals:
Taught voice lessons from high school level- professional adults. All styles of singing
· Singing · In studio Kay is great to work with and extremely flexible in scheduling lessons. She has so many helpful suggestions and exercises to try. I have been taking voice lessons for years and even have a degree in music and taking voice lessons with Kay has changed my singing and helped me advance as a singer.
· Singing · In studio Kay is the kindest and best voice teacher I have ever had! Not only does she train you in proven and highly skilled breathing techniques, but she also improves the quality, tone & stamina of your voice. It's life-changing! Her techniques really work! And she truly cares about each one of her students, young or old. If you're skilled & looking for a new voice teacher or just to try lessons for the first time, I whole-heartedly recommend Kay!
· Singing · In studio I'm looking forward to learning more with Kay. She's super knowledgeable and professional. I've been in the rock scene for many years, now it's time to learn how to sing properly and I feel confident that Kay will deliver!
· Singing · In studio Kay has been great to work with. After just three lessons I feel I am doing some things better technically and I have gained confidence in my singing. I'm looking forward to seeing how much more I can improve.
· Singing · In studio It was a very impressive first lesson. We look forward to a great relationship with this teacher. She is very well trained, and she shares her knowledge in a way a young person can thoroughly understand. We like her very much.
· Vocal Training · In studio Taking lessons with Kay has been one of the best decisions of my singing career. She has helped me prepare for auditions across the United States, built my confidence as a multi-genre performer, and increased my range dramatically. She not only has the knowledge, experience, and skill set to help performers take their passions to the next level, she also has the caring heart of a mentor to help you make the decisions that are best for you and your performance goals.
· Vocal Training · In studio Kay Sparling is an excellent teacher and an incredible asset for any vocal student looking for an experienced talented instructor. She the best teacher I have ever worked with throughout my singing career. Not only is she a phenomenal singer & performer she is very versatile as a teacher and understands the mechanics of the voice. Kay also has an extensive knowledge of every genre of music including opera, musical theater, pop and jazz. On top of that she is a wonderful, kind person and wants the best for her students. Kay dedication to teaching and love of music make her an ideal candidate for your vocal coach.
· Singing · In studio Kay gave me the strongest foundation upon which I've been able to build my career. Now in NYC, I look back at my time with Kay and feel lucky to have had a teacher give me so much knowledge that allowed me to start my real journey in the arts.
· Singing · In studio During the last four years, I have sponsored or offered voice lesson scholarships to 36 students of Kay Sparling. These students come from families without the means to cover the cost of private voice lessons even though the students showed marked promise in the area of the performing arts. The local school district maintains an extensive, district-wide musical theater program and the students were eager to participate.
Under Kay Sparling's instruction, 14 of the scholarships students have received "Exemplary" awards at the State Solo and Ensemble competition and another 15 have earned "1" awards at the State Solo and Ensemble competition. Sixty-five have received leads at the International Thespian Festival.
Of these 36 students, 6 have received full-ride scholarships to four-year colleges and universities. Fourteen have received partial scholarships. One student has graduated, 2 are seniors, 8 are juniors, 8 are sophomores, and 2 are freshmen. Thirty-three of these students are majoring in musical theater, music education, theater technology, theater management, or music composition.
Five of these students have shown the initiative to seek professional engagements. One has been employed in Los Angeles to do the voice-over for an animated film. Two have organized their own professional singing groups. Another has employment singing for funerals and weddings as well as serving a a church cantor.
The performance record of this small sample of the students who have studied with Kay Sparling provides evidence of the soundness of her technique. Without question, sponsoring these students has been rewarding. I recommend Kay Sparling to those who wish to study in the performing arts.
· Musical Theater · In studio I started taking lessons from Kay several years ago, almost immediately I noticed improvements in not only my voice but also in my confidence. I am in college now, but I still take lessons from Kay during winter and summer breaks because she is the best voice teacher I've had. I highly recommend taking lessons from her.