- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Katrina King, an Arizona native, enjoys a full music life in the metro Phoenix area. Currently playing principal flute with the Symphony of the Southwest, Phoenix Opera and Four Seasons Orchestra, she also plays regularly with the West Valley Symphony. Ms. King is a frequent soloist with local orchestras as well as small chamber groups. Freelancing brings Katrina into many valley resorts playing both classical and southwest style flute and guitar duos as well as concert and recital opportunities at various venues. Katrina’s primary teachers have been Joe Corral and Anne Diener-Zentner and is now herself enjoying a full private studio of flute students.
· Flute · In home My tone has always been fuzzy and I've never been able to get a consistent sound. I had tried a few teachers and never really got what I was looking for. After starting lessons with Katrina, my tone improved quickly and with more time, I have the sound I've always wanted.
· Flute · In studio Katrina is enthusiastic, encouraging, and upbeat! My son has progressed rapidly on the flute after studying with her. I appreciate that Katrina does not "spoon-feed" him the rhythms; she gently reminds him that he can figure them out on his own. She always has a positive teaching disposition - highly recommended!"
· Flute · In home I strongly recommend Katrina King as a flute instructor after taking lessons from her for several years. She not only plays the flute professionally but also obviously loves playing the flute and wants to share that love with her students. Her philosophy is that if a student does not learn a flute technique that it is the teacher's responsibility and she will find a different way to teach the technique until the student learns it. She has high expectations for her students, will push them to grow in their flute playing, while simultaneously working alongside the student to achieve their goals. If I have a question or a problem with regard to a lesson, she will promptly respond by email to my questions. Each lesson I find Katrina fully present, listening for improvements and making encouraging remarks when she hears them, while patiently correcting any mistakes I make and demonstrating how to play that part correctly.
· Flute · In studio "I took flute for two years, in high school. Didn't touch it, again, until age 65.
I was blessed to find Katrina King to help me learn flute, again. Now I'm playing in a band, for senior players. She is a competent/knowledgable, kind, and encouraging teacher. I have great respect and love for her as a teacher, and a friend.
I would highly recommend Katrina, at what ever level a flutist is.
Playing the flute brings me great joy, as I see steady growth. I'm always learning something new."