- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Becoming a teacher is a special honor. As a teacher, sharing knowledge becomes an important part of life; not because you have to, but because you want to. I feel that I have great qualities that will enable me to be successful in this field. I have a Bachelor's and Master's Degree, and an Artist Diploma in Vocal Performance. I want to teach because I want to make a difference. I want to spark students’ interests; I want to challenge students to discover new things about themselves that they may not have otherwise known. I want to impart my fascination about music and love for singing with my students, so they too can enjoy a life filled with the arts and come to appreciate it on a whole new level. I strongly believe that when you love to do something, it shows, and because I am so passionate about music, my teaching will be that much more effective; I believe music will help make each individual a well-rounded human being and ready to face the challenges of everyday life.
I teach after school voice lessons to students who are interested in solo singing. I help them achieve their individual goals and occasionally help them prepare for upcoming choral concerts and auditions they may have!
I am a soprano Staff Singer at Christ Church Cathedral in both the Parish Choir and the larger Cathedral Choir. I help lead the soprano section.
I have taught various styles of singing to many students ranging in age and level of experience.
· Singing · In studio I have never taken singing lessons before and don't have any aspirations to become a professional. I was looking for a teacher who could teach me how to improve my voice but still make the lessons fun. Only 3 lessons in, I already have a very positive experience with Katie.
We spent the first lesson getting to know one another. She immediately understood that having fun with my lessons was high on my priority list. She was very reassuring and it was easy to communicate with her. I never felt intimidated aside from the normal first lesson anxieties and I think her demeanor was key in that.
I have learned quite a few exercises and techniques from her already which I think will really help me going forward. She is very patient and she is able to articulate what she wants me to focus on. I think she has a knack for teaching and I'm really looking forward to continuing my lessons with her.
Overall, I'm having a lot of fun and learning a lot. I can't recommend her enough.
· Singing · In home Katie is great! She is very competent and kind. She understands our goals and is supportive.
· Singing · In home Katie is so sweet & caring in the way she works with my daughter. It is obvious that she loves teaching! I could not have hoped for a better experience!!!
· Singing · In studio Katie is great. Sweet and patient with a lovely voice!
· Singing · In home Katie was great! Took away any anxiousness I felt and tailored things to my goals and abilities. Looking forward to future lessons.
· Singing · In home Katie really made me feel relaxed by explaining the theory behind the music. She is terrific. I am so glad I have finally found a teacher like her!
· Singing · In home This was my first singing lesson ever and I have to say I love her so far. She had so much patience with me and she listens. So far so goo!!!
· Vocal Training · In studio Katie L. has help me in my singing in so many ways. She teaches me to believe in myself more and more each lesson. She has taught me how to sing in front of people with confidence. I went in not knowing how to sing and coming out of each lesson I feel I have improved my voice and confidence. She understands when you feel uncomfortable singing certain things but she gives the best tips and help to improve and succeed in singing. She has taught me so much about and I am so happy I got her as a voice lesson teacher
· Choir · In studio Mrs. Loff has a brilliant understanding of my strengths and weaknesses and is thus able to help my skills improve. She is very kind, supportive and I look forward to every lesson. Her creativity and experience makes her an effective teacher, and she has been an inspiration to me.
· Vocal Training · In home Katie is great! She makes you feel comfortable and is really interested in helping you achieve whatever goal you're working towards.