- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Katie Gornick has been a sought after vocal instructor in the central New Jersey, Philadelphia, and NYC regions for the past decade. She graduated from Westminster Choir College in Princeton, NJ with both B.M. and M.M. degrees in Vocal Performance and Pedagogy. She enjoys a varied career as both an educator and as a performer.
As a vocal teacher, Katie specializes in Musical Theatre, Classical, and Contemporary Commercial styles of singing. Her students have taken top honors at Regional and All-State Festivals as part of NJMEA and PMEA as well as at various vocal competitions; most recently the Mid-Atlantic Music Teacher's Guild where she also serves as an adjudicator. Her students frequently take workshops in New York City with notable Broadway artists and composers and audition regularly for Broadway and Regional Theatre productions. Many of Katie's students have been accepted and are continuing their educations at top college music theatre, music education, and acting programs.
Shows directed/music directed
All Shook Up --2016
Legally Blonde the musical--2015
Avenue Q: School edition --2014
Into the Woods--2014
Little Women the musical --2012
13 the musical--2011
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
The Mid Atlantic Music Teachers Guild (MAMTG) was founded by a group of professional music educators from the Tri-State area to establish and maintain high professional teaching and ethical standards, exchange music-related ideas, information and fellowship among colleagues, promote music education in our area, and to provide a platform for area music students to display their talents in a competitive environment. The Guild has been recognized as a viable musical organization throughout the entire Mid-Atlantic and New England States.
· Piano · In home Katie was super friendly and encouraging!
· Singing · In home Katie is the voice teacher I always wish I had! She is extremely qualified, articulate and so positive. After only one lesson with her, I'm feeling more confident in my voice than ever before. I'm so excited to continue lessons with her!
· · Katie is an outstanding voice instructor. I began taking lessons with her about two years ago and I can already see a big improvement in my vocal strength and overall skill. She is positive, patient, and thorough with her teaching. She is passionate and always gives 100% in her lessons. Katie provides a warm and comfortable atmosphere for her students and makes lessons fun and constructive. Katie has also helped me prepare for several singing and acting auditions. I highly recommend Katie to anyone with a desire to improve their skills in singing (acting, and/or auditioning).
· Singing · In home Wonderful. Spot on. Gets down to basics quickly and has the knowledge and ear to help you perform at your best. She has amazing chops, too.
· Musical Theater · In studio Katie is the best voice teacher I've ever had. She is so kind and passionate and gives 110% to absolutely everything. She really cares about the success and wellbeing of her students, and works herself to the bone to accommodate her students and friends. She is extremely fun to be around and keeps her students engaged throughout the entire lesson.
· Vocal Training · In studio Ms. Katie really changed my life as a vocalist. Up until before I started taking lessons with her, I was confused on how to better myself as a singer. I was complacent and lazy when I came to practicing music. I was one of the better singers in my school, but I wanted to become one of the best in the state. I eventually decided to take lessons from Ms. Katie after attending a workshop run by her. After a couple of lessons with Katie, I immediately saw the difference. From being rejected from my Regions and All-State Choir the previous year, I was able to not only get into both choirs that year, but also score very well in my section. I also had the immense pleasure of working with Ms. Katie in a production of the musical "All Shook Up!" Having had only classical vocal training prior to the production, Ms. Katie really helped me develop the ability to sing the genre of musical theatre. She is one of the most talented vocalists and teachers I have ever worked with, but equally as important, Ms. Katie is able to connect with not only myself, but all her students on a personal level, which only benefits the student. Without Ms. Katie, I would still be the complacent immature singer that I was in the past. She brings an incredible passion and energy to her profession, and I strongly recommend her to any voice student looking to better themselves and do great things in music!
· Singing · In studio I've had a great experience with Katie! She has been one of the best teachers I've had and she has really helped me improve my voice tremendously. She is a very teacher/ mentor and any kid would be lucky to learn from her.
· Vocal Training · In studio I have been a student of Ms. Katie for 5 years, and everything I have accomplished in the field of music is thanks to her! Not only is she a phenomenal singer, she is an amazing teacher and mentor. Whenever I need help for an audition, I can always go to her for advice. With her extensive background in classical, and musical theatre I know I can rely on her for something that will take my performance to the next level. She also has a network of other professional performers who come in for workshops (where they give insight to students who perform for them). I strongly reccomend her for anyone looking for an intensive experience in vocal training. I guarantee that you will develop a life long love for singing with her!
· Musical Theater · In studio Katie is by far the best voice teacher I've ever had. Over my 5-6 years as her student, I've grown in so many ways. Her technical vocal knowledge is phenomenal, and her teaching styles are always special and individualized to fit whatever student she teaches. She always makes sure that every single one of her students gets the attention and technique they need to succeed. Not only is she the best at what she does, but she has taught me countless lessons that have helped shape me into the person I am today. The opportunities she has given me to be more involved in my local arts community are abundant, and has led me to so many other opportunities I would not have gotten otherwise. She truly cares about her students in a way that helps them grow into not only the best singers, but the best people they can be.
· Vocal Training · In studio Katie is one of the most talented teachers and singers I know. She is loved by her students and I enjoy seeing how far her students progress, and how much they grow in their love for singing while learning from Katie. She has a vast background of knowledge and performance experience, and is able to work with any ability level from beginner to seasoned singer/performer. Not to mention she has a great sense of humor and is so much fun to work with! I cannot recommend her enough.