- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
The University of Texas at Austin — Bachelors of Music, 2010- 2013
Eastman School of Music 2008-2010, (transfer)
Cambridge University and UT Austin, CELTA Teaching Certificate, 2015
I have taught 10 hours of masterclasses as faculty at UT Austin as part of their Long Horn Band Camp program and substitute teach master classes with Round Rock ISD. I am an international semi-finalist at MQVC (2014), I performed with Aspen Summer Music Festival in 2010, was accepted for graduate school at Northwestern University 2013, and was a Curtis Finalist in 2010.
My favorite food is fried chicken.
Tutor music theory in a lab setting to children ages 4-14, document and reward progress, create homework assignments, test for learning and train aural skills.
Teach private music lessons and master classes to middle school, high school and adult students, encourage hard work, mark progress through recitals, tests and auditions, engage and inspire students.
Teach English to non-native speakers of various ages in a classroom setting.
Mu Phi Epsilon (ΜΦΕ) is a co-ed international professional music fraternity. Today, Mu Phi Epsilon has chapters both nationally and internationally. The fraternity supports achievement in music through the awarding of grants and scholarships, as well as music competitions, concerts, and summer music programs. Much of this work has been supported by the Mu Phi Epsilon Foundation, an organization that has been in existence since 1963, as well as fundraising and donations.
· Bassoon · In home Katie is a wonderful teacher that is very passionate about her craft. The first year my son took lessons from Katie had made region band, and the second year he advanced to area.
· Ear Training · In studio I learned to identify pieces by their sound, we discussed style, genres and composers. I am a beginning musician (only read guitar tabs) and I learned about tonality in the classical system.