- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Males 9 and up
I offer voice lessons in a variety of styles from rock to classical. I teach a basic healthy technique that can be applied to any style of singing. I strive to make lessons challenging as well as fun.
Music director for Newport Central Catholic High School's production of Children of Eden.
Performer in touring productions of operas adapted for children.
Five plus years as a music instructor with various music schools in the area. Over ten years experience as a performer in various genres including opera, operetta and musical theatre.
Soprano chorus in Fidelio and Tosca.
Performer in various newly composed operatic works.
Soprano chorus in Cincinnati Opera's 2013 Summer Festival Production of Aida.
Soprano chorus in Cincinnati Opera's 2012 Summer Festival Chorus productions of Pagliacci and La Traviata.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
An American labor union that represents 8,000 current and retired opera singers, ballet and other dancers, opera directors, backstage production personnel at opera and dance companies, and figure skaters.
· Singing · In home Katherine is a great teacher, takes the time to listen to what you ate trying to accomplish. She helped me achieve what I was hoping for.
· Singing · Online Katherine is excellent, especially for someone who is either a beginner and also works extremely well with people like me who have had vocal injury and are trying to get back on track. She's all about technique first -- which you have to know and know well before you can sing opera, power metal, punk -- whatever. I've learned so much from her and worked so well with her in just this short time I've been with her. She's amazing!
· Piano · In studio My daughter says that: 'Kate is a great piano teacher. She is patient and funny. She always has good tips for ways to practice and she's not too strict (...like, she's really calm;). I also like when she tells me the history behind a piece of music.'
· Singing · In home Kate is very patient and encouraging and I had a very smooth first lesson.
· Vocal Training · In studio Very kind and wants to get to know you to help improve your learning. Has lots of resources to use at studio. Very quiet and so far very helpful!
· Singing · In studio Katherine is dedicated and a wonderful singing instructor. She develops my voice as well as my confidence in performing.
· Piano · In home Very friendly and helpful.
· Singing · In home Very nice, knowledgeable,skilled. I felt totally at ease.
· Singing · In studio Katherine is very personable! I felt comfortable with her at my first lesson and am enjoying working with her a lot!
· Vocal Training · In studio Katherine has been a great instructor and I would recommend to anyone else for voice training.