- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate
Intermediate students: Learn your favorite songs and learn how to write your own songs
- Teaches students:
- Ages 5 to 18 and special needs
- Teaching since:
- September 2002
MY TEACHING PHILOSOPHY
My approach is compassionate, nurturing, and collaborative. My teaching style is structured but leaves room for fun. I believe that a student new to their instrument will thrive when they:
- have a parent involved in their practice in-between lessons (parents observing the lesson is highly recommended)
- have fun while learning proper technique to avoid harmful habits down the road
- choose songs that are interesting to them while the teacher picks songs that will help them grow
- are given foundational tools and approaches to further lifelong learning as they get older
I’ve been playing professionally as a pianist/keyboardist for 15 years and teaching for just as long. I have a B.A. in Music from Cal Poly Pomona. I also write, sing, record, and produce my own songs on piano and ukulele. People that work with me say that I’m highly qualified, reliable, and punctual.
Supported and coached music and theater students on piano for classes, auditions, and performances.
Taught private piano, ukulele, and songwriting lessons in the Orange County area.
Taught music theory in group and private settings to students grades K-12 and prepared them for yearly music theory exams.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.