- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have played guitar professionally along the Front Range since 1989 and began teaching in 1997. During that time, I've opened up for national acts such as Eddie Money, Night Ranger, Quiet Riot and shared the stage with members of Firefall and the Derek Trucks Band.
Several of my students have auditioned for and were accepted as the sole guitar seat in the junior high, high school, and college jazz bands. A few of my younger students received honors in their grade school music programs.
I believe the key to the success of the student is that they enjoy what they are doing and gain confidence through the skills they have worked hard to develop.
I have taught students with a variety of skills and backgrounds both privately and in the classroom settings. Private lessons are always tailored to the individual student. Some subjects covered are lead and rhythm guitar, finger picking, song writing, and music theory. The most important thing the lessons are designed to do is keep the student motivated.
While playing for Dokajovi, I covered lead and rhythm guitar as well as lead and backing vocals. Other responsibilities included sound reinforcement, booking gigs, promoting the band, handling finances, and fronting the band. We played almost every weekend in Colorado and toured other states such as Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, and New Mexico.
· Guitar · In studio I really liked the Instructor
· Guitar · In studio Over the past seven years, I have had three different guitar teachers. Karney is by far my favorite. The thing that really sets him apart is that he made me love playing guitar. I liked it before, but Karney actually taught me what I wanted to learn. This motivated me to practice the songs and eventually allowed me to play guitar at several weddings, both with Karney and by myself. He always goes the extra mile in my instruction by looking on his own time for cool new songs we can play. I know going into every lesson that I will have a good time and learn something new.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Karney is an absolutely fantastic teacher who is very knowledgeable on all areas on guitar from classical to rock and roll. He has taught me a lot and any student of any age would benefit greatly from having him as a teacher!
· Guitar · In studio I've been with Karney for a few years now, and I have learned so much from him! I remember thinking about how I would probably never be able to learn to play an instrument, but after working with Karney for only a short time, that changed. Karney is such a nice guy, and a wonderful guitar player! He is able to teach a variety of genres as well. I would highly recommend him as a teacher! :)
· Guitar · In studio I've had Karney as a teacher for 7 years and I've learned a gosh-ton about playing guitar. The lessons are very flexible in order to fit my needs and Karney is an amazing teacher. He's one of the nicest people I know, and is very good at playing and teaching guitar. Whether you want to learn classical, rock, jazz, blues, etc. Karney is the best man for the job.