- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Males 5 and up
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to serve.
There is no greater blessing than to use the gifts you've been given to directly benefit others! If you love what you do you will never work a day in your life!
Be certain, making music is unlike anything else you've done. At the same time, making music will strengthen everything else you WILL do!
Whether you choose me to help to you along the way or another teacher, please be sure to get a teacher that is patient, experienced and disciplined. Your first year of music lessons will either create a strong foundation or collapse under the partially built structure. Give the teacher a chance to make their point. Don't be too quick to judge based on the inexperience of the student. The fundamental lessons must be repeated until learned.
Whatever you do, get a teacher. Do not waste time believing you can 'self teach'. Your technique needs to be monitored by someone who knows music.
I've learned a great deal in my 20 years of teaching;
- keep it fun
- change it up
- don't compromise the fundamentals
- encourage musical discipline
- tuning, warm-up, scales, technique, repertoire, new material
It's my belief that music fundamentals are critical and we will create a solid musical foundation by learning the language, understanding the critical issues of timing, rhythm, reading and learning how to LEARN!
I enjoy working with all ages but specialize in children and adults that act like children!
Stay a child! Learn something new.
What are you waiting for?!
If you don't see an availability you would like, please feel free to contact me via the TakeLessons site and ask questions!
Loved this gig! No greater honor than using your God given gifts to praise the Lord
Taught Sunday school, was music leader for Vacation Bible school and Instructor for outdoor Camp GOTCHA.
Full service music store and teaching studio. Teaching studio carried as many as 200 students a week.
Taught classroom and laboratory electronics. Go Navy!
· Violin · In studio Karen is so patient, yet challenging! She has a great personality, and she is super encouraging!
· Piano · In studio We have just had one lesson so far, but my five year old son has been voluntarily and joyfully practicing everyday. That's a miracle in my opinion!
· Guitar · In studio They only thing I have ever played was the radio. Karen is gentle, understanding, and can play anything really well. She helped tune my guitar, showed me how to play a little tune using several strings, and removed my apprehension of learning. I am rather impressed for a 73 year old man. I guess you can teach an old man new tricks.
· Ukulele · In studio Very comfortable, knowledgeable, zeroed in on what I wanted to learn. Karen challenges me to reach but instills confidence that I can do this!
· Piano · In studio Ms. Karen has been very patient with our first time piano player. My son practica without being asked and looks forward to his lessons with Ms. Karen.
· Violin · In studio My daughter had her first lesson and loved it! We will be coming back.
· Piano · In home My son was learning Piano lessons from Mrs. Karen. It was really a great experience. He loved learning from her. She went above whatever is there in the book and taught him extraordinarily. Really appreciate her extra care in teaching her students!!! Thank You Karen for having you as my Son's Piano teacher.
· Piano · In studio Karen is wonderful with my 5 y.o. son. She is an excellent instructor and you can tell she loves what she does. Thank you, Karen, for starting my son on what I am sure will be a lifeline love of music.
· Cello · In studio Karen is great teacher for the very beginner and the advanced musician!
· Guitar · In studio I can't put into words how great Karen is! She is patient, loving, and a great instructor! You will love her!