- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Males 5 to 18
I am a professional singer with over 25 years experience performing individually and with bands, orchestras, ensembles, choirs, and a cappella groups in concerts, theater, clubs and festivals, nationally and internationally.
I began singing in the church choir, talent shows and performing with various groups as a teenager. Music allowed me creative freedom and excitement and took me to a world of wonder. Attending music schools and colleges I studied voice, piano, performance technique, theory, sight singing/ear training, composition, jazz theory, improvisation, world music, and musical theater.
*** Lesson Details ***
I enjoy teaching music and inspiring students. As a vocal coach and piano instructor, I tailor lessons to fit students' particular needs to develop skills as they prepare for auditions, musical careers or music for personal enjoyment. Lessons move at a pace that is comfortable for, and challenging to, students. I aim to strengthen musical intuition and insure steady and thorough progress.
I offer In-Home training, allowing students to take private lessons at their convenience in their homes.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Training and preparing vocal artists for auditions, showcases and recording.
· Singing · In home I've had an amazing experience with Karen! Very helpful and dedicated! I've learned so much with her! Thank You!
· Piano · In home We love Karen. We started with one kid X 1 time week and are now (AS BOYS BEGGED ME FOR IT) 2 kids and 3 times week ;)
She s wonderful teacher.
· Piano · In studio She's amazing, kind and helps you a lot. She always finds a way to make you understand. She's a really good teacher! Recommend!
· Singing · In home Karen is a very friendly, knowledgable teacher who is very good with kids. She helped my child with voice lessons, was punctual and very helpful.
· Singing · In home Excelent professor, it was way better than I expected. She was punctual. We got a missed communication at the beginning, but I am sure we will get alone.
Thanks for your concern,
· Piano · In home I have never played piano before--ever--and in three lessons, Karen has me playing with both hands, and understanding music theory. She is SO sweet--even my husband thinks she's adorable and kind. I really enjoy my hour long practice with her once a week. She is getting me kickstarted so I can eventually play songs along with Sara Bareilles music and the like.
· Singing · great vocal coach!
Karen always has a smile on her face. Very encouraging and optimistic teacher. Knows exactly what I need to work on and the exercises to accomplish it. She also got the music for any song I wanted to sing and emailed me the instrumental tracks so I could practice on my own. I will miss her very much!
· Piano · Absolutely amazing!!! Highly recommended!!!
We live out of state and was temporarily relocated to Miami and found Karen online. Based on her previous reviews, we gave it a gamble that paid off!!!! Our little one can sometimes be distracted like any 10 yr old but Karen was patient and GREAT with her!!! The best part, she learned the piano much faster with Karen than she has with any other teacher. Karen recharged our 10 yr old's passion for the piano and made the learning experience fun again. Thank goodness because now I know our baby grand piano won't go to waste at home! I highly recommend Karen for any parent - she's reliable and trustworthy. I wish we could take her back with us to continue teaching the little one but I don't think Karen will go for it. For all parents, definitely choose Karen! She's worth every penny and more.
· Singing · Absolutely perfect!
Karen is an amazing teacher, so i can understand her explanations of subtle things very well. At the same time she is a very special person whose energy and positive outlook motivate you every time to do more and more.
· · Thank you!
great session - it helped me at rehearsal last night. Thank you!!!