- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
The concertmaster, Kan, handled her difficult solos with disarming ease. -Mark Swed
October 23, 2008 LA Times
Acclaimed by the LA Times as a soloist Kan has been a concertmaster in various orchestras, as Shanghai Youth Symphony Orchestra, Shenzhen Symphony Orchestra and MJD International Symphony Orchestra, she has collaborated with numerous renowned musicians, including Seiji Ozawa, Mstislav L. Rostropovich, Lang Lang, Yundi Li, and Josep Carreras among others. Kan earned BachelorÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂs Degree from Shanghai Conservatory of Music, China, where she studied with Professor Ding Zhi Nuo. Currently, she is the concertmaster of Azusa Pacific University Orchestra, and a student of Artist Certificate Programme under Professor Charles Stegeman on full scholarship.
She received her bachelor's degree from the Shanghai Conservatory of Music, where she studied under Professor Ding Zhi Nuo. To further pursue her music career, Kan came to study in the United States on full scholarship at Azusa Pacific University, where she received the Artist Certificate Program Diploma in 2010. Meanwhile, she served as concertmaster for the Azusa Pacific University Symphony Orchestra. Kan studied under professor Charles Stegeman, and recently obtained her Music Performance masters.
*** Lesson Details ***
First, I need to talk to my students about their goals. Not only for the adult, teacher also need to know what kids want to know about music. They are interested in it sometimes, they just don't know. Second, I will let them know, interests is just the first step. If you want to learn, you have to pay! Pay your patient, and your endeavor. I will teach in some specific ways to motive students to approach the goals. for example: listen, singing, playing, reading is the process to make the students catch the goal faster without lost their interests! So involve more activities in the lessons is very important! Also, serious technique practice is necessary. As I mentioned before, not only interests, if you want to learn , you have to pay. Once you catch your goal, you will feel happy that the teacher has been pushed you for some boring finger exercise.
*** Studio Equipment ***
I do have a grand piano at home.For violin students, they should have their own instrument.
*** Specialties ***
Suzuki style, classical, contemporary, modern music
taught private violin and piano students, also teach JMC (junior music course) group lesson of Yamaha Music Education System.
As the first violinist of Shenzhen Symphony Orchestra, I have played more than six-hundred concerts including symphony, opera and many other types concerts such as movie music, contemporary music...I have collaborated with numerous renowned musicians, including Seiji Ozawa, Mstislav L. Rostropovich, Lang Lang, Yundi Li, and Josep Carreras among others.
The Junior Music Course is designed to create an active interest and appreciation in music for young beginners while proving the student with a solid foundation for more advanced music education. Children at the ages of four and five absorb and retain sounds better than at any other time in their lives, which makes it the perfect time to start music lessons. These in-class musical experiences will encourage creativity, discipline, music appreciation, and help instill the basis for playing and expression through feeling and understanding music.
MTAC aspires to be the recognized leader in (1) Student Programs, which make a positive impact in the quality of music education and in the lives of music students; (2) Member Programs, which inspire quality teaching, the pursuit of ongoing teacher education and member involvement with community outreach; (3) a thriving Foundation, which funds Student Programs and member needs through its investments, donations, and grants.
· Violin · Online Excellent! So happy that we could find so great violin teacher online!
· Violin · Online She has a very keen eye for spotting issues, and provides amazing instruction on technique and sound. Plus she as a great attitude and will go over allotted time if I am having trouble. I couldn't be happier to take lessons from her.
· Violin · Online I love class with Kan in violin. I can tell she is very passionate about it and that's exactly what I need. She's only made my love for the violin never ending; she has all the patience in the world and more. Wonderful Instructor!
· Violin · Online My daughter loves Kan as her teacher. She gets her really excited and motivates her to get through her books which makes learning super easy. She is fabulous and I would recommend her to anybody.
· Violin · Online Kan is very helpful and friendly. Whenever my daughter needed some extra help, she was always willing to stay longer to help.
· Violin · Online My 10 year old niece has had 5 lesson so far on the violin. When I asked her if she wanted to try a different teacher she said "No Way"! She likes the violin and really likes Kan.
· Violin · Online Absolutely wonderful my daughter loves the violin and Kan makes it fun for her to learn.
· Violin · Online Mrs. Kan is an amazing violin teacher! She has been teaching my 6 yr. old for almost a year via Skype. She is very patient, kind and understanding. I'm always amazed at all the fun and silly games she comes up with to keep my young player interested and learning. And although we have fun and some good laughs, she is also very firm and takes our time seriously.
In the past year Mrs. Kan has also taught me so that I can help my daughter's skill and knowledge while we practice at home. She has been wonderful to work with and she gets 5 GOLD stars from me!!
· Violin · Online Kan W. is such an amazing teacher. She gave me all her time. She was very flexible with me even though when she just had her new born baby. I am a beginner and I had a special request from Kan to learn a song to play on my wedding (which was last September). In three months she taught me two! she did more than enough on her part to teach me how to play the songs that I picked. She was very helpful with the process. She simplified the notes for me, found easy version and even went through the notes I found and listened to my examples. She also has great techniques for practicing. I loved her approach. Besides all of this, she was really motivational. She is a great teacher. I look forward to take lessons with her again.
· Chinese · Online Kan, is excellent. She goes beyond the time allotted if I am having difficulty and customizes the lesson to teach me things I need.