My name is Justin Richter. I'm here mostly for culinary tutoring as that is my passion, however I have a relatively large skill set in math and science that I honed while obtaining a degree in chemical engineering from Cooper Union. I'm very easy-going when it comes to tutoring as I believe that learning can only be done when students feel comfortable with the environment. My teaching style involves a lot of discussion and hands-on workshopping, because I think that it is easier to absorb information when you do so with your entire body. For my culinary training, be prepared to do a lot of tasting because we will be constantly talking about how to improve dishes, discussing which parts of the meal worked, which could be improved, and which ones just flat out failed. I have a large amount of experience in the kitchen, but I learn more every day, so I'm excited to develop both of our culinary minds.
· Cooking · In studio Justin is a great teacher! He's really patient and kind, and he's very good at explaining things without making you feel foolish for not doing it right. I would definitely recommend him :)
· Cooking · In home I lived with this wonderful person for almost a year, watching him teach himself and grow as a cook/chef/baker. I guess bonus points since I got to try out all his dishes as he perfected them. But Justin's skill isn't just technical, at our university he was able to bring hundreds of students together as a community with his food and his philosophy behind his food. You don't find many people like Justin, so don't miss out!
· Cooking · In home Justin is amazing! I had no experience, but he had no problem helping me develop fundamental cooking skills and good practices in the kitchen. Justin is extremely knowledgeable, patient and thoughtful with his practice. I would definitely recommend setting up a lesson for any level of cooking instruction!
· Cooking · In home Four three years Justin taught me both fundamental cooking skills that any beginner should learn, as well as more advanced skills like plating and cooking lobster. His passion and knowledge of culinary art is immediately apparent. He is very patient when teaching, no matter the skill-level of the student. If there is a meal or skill that you've always wanted to learn, Justin is your guy to teach you!
· Cooking · In studio Justin and I cooked for various events at our university, as he was in charge of the cooking club, and I was a member of it. First of all, he is very passionate about cooking, and thus very knowledgeable about common cooking techniques, and also the really fancy ones that you would only use if you had FOREVER to spare and a lot of people to impress (like cooking sou vide, or making home fries or mayonnaise). Justin's also a very friendly down to earth person, so if you decide to take a class with him, you're guaranteed a wonderful experience.
· Cooking · In home Justin is an amazing chef! I have learned so much from him and recommend him highly to anyone who wants to learn how to cook.
· Cooking · In studio I have known Justin for several years both as a friend and a chef. He is an inspiration both in an out of the kitchen. I have had the chance to taste plenty of food prepared by him, and he never ceases to surprise me with his talent and passion for cooking. Recently, I took a cooking lesson with Justin. It was an absolute pleasure learning from him. As a teacher, he was very engaging. Perhaps more importantly, he was very patient with my limited culinary skill set, working with me so I could be involved in the process all the way through. I really felt like I owned the final product. I appreciate the creative and hands-on approach to teaching that he has, and I cannot wait for my next lesson.
· Cooking · In home Justin has a wide range of expertise when it comes to cooking, baking and even cocktail making. I believe that Justin helped me develop a fine pallet for food and the experience of eating as a whole. What was most helpful for me was making every day meals into something to be excited about. I learned about how versatility meals can be when creativity was involved. I would definitely recommend Justin, he is an amazing instructor who's passion is simple contagious.
· Cooking · In studio As the president of Culinary Club, Justin taught several members fundamental skills as well as more advanced recipes in a very fun yet effective manner.
· Cooking · Online Justin Richter is a cook who really knows what he's talking about. From his various culinary endeavors, he has acquired a lot of knowledge, which he has shared with me. He is very supportive and motivating in his approach to teaching this certain subject, and the results are fantastic! Would highly recommend!