- Teaches students:
- Ages 14+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
- January 2004
Hi! I've been teaching and directing theatre arts at the high school level since 2004. I've taught fundamentals to advanced classes, including improvisation, lighting, sound, carpentry, theatre history, IB Theatre, and much more.
Along with teaching, I've directed many shows, too. Some of the more memorable ones include Legally Blonde, Much Ado About Nothing, The Odd Couple: Female Version, Footloose the Musical, Sylvia, and Barefoot in the Park.
I'm also a singer/songwriter. I've been learning music since elementary school and writing since 1996. It's always been a personal hobby that I took very seriously. As a result, I've written a number of songs for myself as well as for clients. Check me out on iTunes!
• Developed and implemented the current theatre program from scratch.
• Taught a wide range of theatre arts courses in all grades, creating benchmarks and measuring student performance.
• Directed and produced plays and musicals.
• Maintained and generated content for the theatre program’s social media platforms.
• Directed, produced, and participated in improvisation comedy shows regularly.
• Advised and supported annual student-directed theatre productions.
• Coached and advised the ComedySportz High School League team, Badminton Club, and Food Appreciation Team.
Apple Teacher is a free professional learning program designed to support and celebrate educators using Apple products for teaching and learning. As an Educator you can build skills on iPad and Mac that directly apply to activities with your students, earn recognition for the new things you learn, and be rewarded for the great work you do every day.
See for yourself:
Search for me: JUNE YOON
The International Thespian Society (ITS) is the Educational Theatre Association’s student honorary organization. ITS recognizes the achievements of high school and middle school theatre students. Since 1929, EdTA has inducted more than 2 million Thespians into ITS. That number continues to grow, with more than 36,000 students from around the country being inducted each year.+ Read More