I am a freelance tutor and translator. I have been tutoring for more than 8 years. I am very friendly, patient and professional. I tutor college students and children. I got my Associate in Arts and Sciences - Psychology from Union County College in NJ. On my sessions I apply constructivist teaching techniques which have proven excellent results. I am an avid observer of details which helps me determine the student's strengths. My classes are fun as playing a game! I am also a Therapeutic Mentor in Catholic Charities. In order to be accepted I had to get a full background check because I deal with very special and unique children.
I tutor kids and adults. Math and Spanish are challenging but with my help my students improve a lot.
Adults who struggle with computers do a lot better once they stop being afraid of them.
ESL sessions are fun because we discover another world of words and phrases!
· Spanish · Online Very patient
· Spanish · Online Amo Julissa!
· Spanish · Online
· Spanish · In studio Julissa is a wonderful teacher who meets me at my level but also challenges me beyond my limitations.
· Algebra · Online Our experience with Ms. Julissa was wonderful! Ms. Julissa stepped and corrected my daughter's mistakes but make the correction in a way that helped my daughter see her mistakes. Ms. Julissa ability to engage our daughter, gave her the drive and ambition to reactivate. My daughter is now on the right track. Thank you Ms. Julissa for your skills and willingness to help our child!!!
If we need you again we will reach out to you! Be blessed!!!!
· Spanish · Online Three lessons in and loving it!
· Spanish · Online You will love Julissa; she is a great instructor.
· Spanish · Online Julissa is a very thorough instructor. She is extremely patient and very fun to work with. I look forward to many more lessons together.
· Spanish · In studio She's very good with her teaching modified. This is my first day, but it was pretty good
· Spanish · Online Very patient and thorough. She sent me documents to review for my pronunciation and a last of textbooks to practice with at home. I look forward to additional sessions.